Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1st 360 attempt & fail...

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Okay, lesson learnt! Don't try & do a 360 capture when it's blowing 45-50 km/h winds... :(

My first 360 attempt at the local beach a few nights ago, because of the winds, the Anafi shifted almost a metre over the nearly 3 minutes it takes to capture the 42 frames for this. The inbuilt app couldn't reassemble it with alignment of the horizon line, so i tried it in Photoshop, which also failed, so then I took it over to Autopano Giga, which managed to do it with a little persuasion through adding lots of alignment points! Even then, it doesn't align at a few spots throughout the image, where poles are broken & there's a definitely visible end point line that should be seemless, but can't be because of how much the Anafi moved under the strong winds.

Considering these are just jpg's there's plenty of wiggle room for editing. I was genuinely surprised.

This is my local beach at Christies Beach, South Australia & the sandbags down there are one of my favourite things to photograph, so I'm really looking forward to exploring them with the Anafi on both video & photograph.

Kuula

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem