Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

21 megapixels, but at night?

Icemanpro

Reaction score
I am so amped about the anafi having 21 mp camera but anyone have any tips on night time photography with it, the camera can look up i was wanting to go to the country and get some great star shots but it doesn't look like this bird wants to shoot low light unless i need to adjust settings manually. any help would be appreciated thank you.

The small sensor size does not lend itself well to low light photography. You would need a high ISO which will cause noise in the image. Why do you want to use the Anafi for astro-photography? Surely a ground based SLR with a fast lens would give much better results.

Even with a good light, if you take a still photography - at least in flight - the real resolution is nowhere near 21K, there is always this weird noise/image compression, no matter if you shoot with the best light and in raw format... Vibrations are the most obvious explanation of course, a gimbal on a quadrocopter is not the equivalent of a sturdy tripod, and the real resolution is only a fration of the sensor's. I sometimes use the Anafi to take vertical shots while hovering, and I first wanted to print a resolution test card for the Anafi, to place on the ground, and estimate the size of detail for different altitudes. After a good look at the image quality, I forgot about this idea !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking