Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Active Track Danger.

I have the same thoughts about the "optical tracking" being in Phoenix, AZ and the almost constant sunshine. Optical is very sketchy and very near worthless in the sun (for example if the camera has to turn into the sun to follow). That limits when and how it can be used. I do have an Autel EVO and in my opinion, it's "tracking" (it is optical only, like DJI) is absolutely terrible. The Spark I had was better in that regard. I had a Yunecc Q500 and that tracked the remote so that was more reliable. I have an Anafi and I couldn't agree more that the GPS back up of the optical is the way to go...If I am hiking, exploring, etc. I can fly it without the controller (to cut down on things to carry) and it will track the phone/me very nicely. My phone has a barometer so it follows the height nicely. I do understand to appeal of the Optical tracking since it allows you to track somebody besides the person carrying the remote/phone but, as you pointed out, it is not predictable and has to be monitored by the operator/pilot to be ready to take control in an instant if it gets "confused".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood