Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Advice on posting photos here

Joe_Scot

Reaction score
Could someone offer a little advice on how best to post photos in this forum? I seem to have varying degrees of success as there appear to be several options and either I can't remember what works best, or maybe different sized photos have different limitations???

Ideally, I'd like to post full size photos 4608x3456 or panoramas (often as much as 11000x6000) and have everyone see a preview that's the width of this main forum window, and then if clicked, gives you full screen options.

I often seem to end up with either just a thumbnail or text link. Can an expert share their advice - thanks :)

The Max size for photos is 10mb. I find any of mine that are larger I will use a external site and just post a link to it.
Like Imgur
I have asked the Admin to increase the size but I guess he is busy doing other things.

Thanks @Agustine - however I still don't seem to get what I see from other people's posts....

I just posted a panorama here:

... having saved it smaller than the original (resized it to 6.5MB) but I get a text link showing, not a preview of the photo. I used 'Insert Image' from the toolbar.

Is there a limit on the dimensions in pixels as well as a size limit of 10MB?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut