Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Albany NY Severe Storm Line AT NIGHT (Oh yeah, it's video). Yup, you can storm chase with the Anafi! :D

MightyMuffins

Reaction score

This is a compressed version of the 14 mins of drone video I took with the Anafi. We had a massive line of severe storm move through upstate NY yesterday (5/23) and me being the meteorologist that I am and as I said before wanting to get shots above the tree line I gave this actually a shot. Literally why I bought this drone in the first place. Oh and yeah literally 2nd day truly flying this thing. Basically just let it hover in place about 60 ft up with minor adjustments and while the inflow into the line was about 15-30 mph this did great. Good test for the camera on it VS. my really high end RX series camera. Obviously it won't compete with the RX but good god this did great and now I can get twice as much video from angles I couldn't before. :) Oh and these storms at the time were about 5-15 miles during the duration.

I'll put the unedited video up...

Last edited:
Heh. I think it would have been a little more interesting at dusk. ;) At least it was good practice and told you what the little bugger can handle.

Heh. I think it would have been a little more interesting at dusk. ;) At least it was good practice and told you what the little bugger can handle.

Oh I think the flying was no problem in decent winds.... it was more so can handle the surprise gust in these type of situations

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame