Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alternative to skycontroller 2

wings

Reaction score
got a parrot bebop 2 fpv but haven't used for more than a year now as skycontroller 2 battery has not working anymore, the worst i can't buy anywhere as news says parrot bebop 2 production has discontinued production.
could you please advise where to but skycontroller 2 baterry?
or is there better alternative plan? change battery or change controller?

There are two versions of this controller, one with silver sticks, one with black sticks. The battery is different for each model. I have seen youtube videos showing how to replace the batteries with a different type and it would mean you could not use the internal charger anymore.

SO far my controller's batteries are still working but this would be what I would do when the time comes.

got a parrot bebop 2 fpv but haven't used for more than a year now as skycontroller 2 battery has not working anymore, the worst i can't buy anywhere as news says parrot bebop 2 production has discontinued production.
could you please advise where to but skycontroller 2 baterry?
or is there better alternative plan? change battery or change controller?

PM your mailing address, And description of battery. Is it the thin cylinder type battery or square type battery. This is important, two different types batteries were used with SkyController 2. As Mike explained two different types of batteries were used.

I’ll send you the proper battery for your SkyController 2.

just need a description or picture, no charge I’ll send it off next week after getting your mailing address.

Paul

Reactions: Bebop2 burt and BRC
thank you mikeexplorer and Waldo Pepper for your prompt replies.

i checked youtube and watched alternative batteries to be used with some modification on wirings and i think it is helpful and very informative.

both of you suggested that I CAN STILL USE THE CHARGER (skycontroller 2) as long as i use other type of batteries. i checked online to buy these alternative batteries to be used but there are limitations in logistic as I a from singapore and buying from amazon or ebuy prohibits shifting the item here.

hopefully Waldo Pepper can manage things and shift the items to singapore, I am willing to pay for the charges. Appreciate if you can Waldo Pepper.

my skycontroller 2 is with silver sticks and battery is Lithium-Ion Polymer Rechargeable Battery, rectangular shape Made in China 2ICP8/40/80 MCBAT00009 SN B7G044530.

Thank you MIKEEXPLORER and WALDO PIPPER for your help and assistance, appreciate it.

Hello,

I am having the same problem as Wings, the battery in my Skycontroller 2 rectangular shape MCBAT00009 is bigger than the normal and not lasting long anymore. I have been trying to find those batteries online but it looks like they have been discontinued. Is there a way to find some somewhere?

Thank you

Hello,

I am having the same problem as Wings, the battery in my Skycontroller 2 rectangular shape MCBAT00009 is bigger than the normal and not lasting long anymore. I have been trying to find those batteries online but it looks like they have been discontinued. Is there a way to find some somewhere?

Thank you
Hi. I'm creating a battery alternative for Skycontroller 2. I'm having the same problem so I got to work and I'm going to make a cover for the remote to adapt 2 18650 batteries using fusion 360 and 3D printer. The project will be shared here and on youtube so that everyone can print and assemble it, this will also allow the original charger to be used to recharge these batteries, as I will be using the same BMC board. Wait a little longer, I'll try to be as fast as possible.

Hi. I'm creating a battery alternative for Skycontroller 2. I'm having the same problem so I got to work and I'm going to make a cover for the remote to adapt 2 18650 batteries using fusion 360 and 3D printer. The project will be shared here and on youtube so that everyone can print and assemble it, this will also allow the original charger to be used to recharge these batteries, as I will be using the same BMC board. Wait a little longer, I'll try to be as fast as possible.

I would be interested in that when you have them available.

Reactions: Rjy
Anybody has any luck finding replacement battery for Skyconroller 2 chrome stick ? Thanks!

This has been a side project for me too. I found a couple of batteries that will fit the Disco.

The only lead for the Skycontroller I have to go on is the below video. My only worry is connecting a battery with xt60 to the small wires of the unit. I can't find a bettery with say an xt30 with a capactiy of more than a few hundred mah on HobbyKing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut