Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ANAFI and free remote identification pending...

MustangPhil

Reaction score
It seems that, even if this is not yet mandatory due to the Anafi light weight, Parrot will propose a remote ID to its range of Anafi drones that will be activated by a menu in FF6... (via a free software update).

Par ailleurs, soucieux d’assister au mieux la sécurité civile et de favoriser la visibilité des drones dans l’espace aérien, Parrot a décidé d’offrir également sur l’ensemble de sa gamme ANAFI (ANAFI, ANAFI Thermal et ANAFI USA) cette même fonctionnalité de signalement électronique. Le principe d’installation sera le même que Bluegrass / Bluegrass Fields (simple mise à jour logicielle gratuite), avec la possibilité pour l’utilisateur de l’activer ou le désactiver manuellement via l’interface FreeFlight 6 (la gamme ANAFI étant sous le seuil règlementaire de 800 g, le DRI est désactivé par défaut) ».

I dont have problem with that if is something similar to kittyhawk where is can see dji drones in map with altitude and directional info,as long there is not too much info i am fine

Attachments

• 2E948F2D-292A-44A2-90F2-ED962D185158.png
    2E948F2D-292A-44A2-90F2-ED962D185158.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
I dont have problem with that if is something similar to kittyhawk where is can see dji drones in map with altitude and directional info,as long there is not too much info i am fine
I saw 'Addison' and thought you were near me but different state.

As long as you can chose to activate or not this remote ID in a FF6 menu and if it is fully compatible with the FAA and EC requirements for flights (particularly professional flights in an airspace environment where airplanes are involved), I think it is an excellent news !

Some manufacturers do propose ‘expensive add-ons’ that add weight to the drone and use battery power... if it is included in the WiFi protocol of the Anafi... that’s perfect for me !

Seems like a good implementation; it does require the phone not being in airplane mode, possibly limiting range.
But the range will be limited to 120M of something anyway if they are going to be following regulations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut