Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi and ND4 Filter

justDee

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
One more before I go to bed. Filmed this footage back to back after the one with HDR on and off. Guess it's part 2? I have more footage to come, filmed directly behind this one using the ND8 filter.
Now with this one, I admit I'm not experienced enough to really know what to do, so I started off in a setting that looked decent on the screen of my iPhone XS, and then as the flight progressed, I experimented with the settings. I am wide open to suggestions, comments, and advice on this one. I am truly learning as I go with my Anafi.
Filmed in 2.7K, at 24 fps, utilizing various manual settings, with a Freewell ND4 filter. Again, it's a partly cloudy day, late morning, and the intent of this flight plan is to capture a variety of landscape and angles for the camera.
Thanks for watching.

As explained in another thread, for video ND filters are all about making moving subjects look more natural, like the flag in that video (slightly blurry). For lightening or darkening video or stills, EV is what you would use.

Your shutter speed is still too high to get that effect and you don't have any moving subjects so you would not see the difference anyway in that video. Supposedly 100 ISO and 1/50th of a second will show it if you shot some trees in a wind or a flag.....or kids on a trampoline. :)

Rocky, I'm not the brightest bulb in the building, especially when it comes to camera settings, so I'll slowly but surely figuring it out with the advice I'm receiving here.
:giggle:

I decided not to post the footage with the ND8 filter, as it's more of the same errors that I made with the ND4. I guess I'll leave the filters off and just tweak the camera settings without the filters.
Wait until you see the next video I shot today, you guys are really gonna laugh at the rookie.
:ROFLMAO::LOL:

This was a rather interesting discussion of frame rate and how the standards came about.....if you can understand his rapid fire Aussie accent! ;)

Here is the same guy discussing shutter speed and ND filters and what they do for a video. (Maybe he's a transplanted Scot, or maybe I don't know as much about various accents as I thought.) ? Edit: some of these shots are definitely Scotland.

Scottish accents, Scottish scenery complete with British flags. It looks like he only goes outside when the sun is shining but that's the only "Australian" theme I can see.

It seems ND filters exist primarily in order to make newcomers feel like newcomers and the people who are commenting on other people using them feel smart for no good reason... Why would you buy something that makes other people think they are smarter than you?

Here's a newbie question, how do you actually adjust the shutter speed? In the Pro settings I have tried to adjust the shutter speed and I can't. I can see what the setting is but however I prod and poke at it I can't seem to be able to change it. Is there something I'm missing?

If I lived in Scotland I probably wouldn't either! :unsure:

I was wondering the same thing! ISO, EV, but not shutter speed. Perhaps it's locked out in certain modes?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456