Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Antenna Mods

Jasper68

Reaction score

I am currently using Alientech Antenna Duo 2.4/5.8 on Anafi 1st edition SC 3. Yes range and signal are somewhat improved.
Here's an idea. This version of Alientech Antenna is passive however I still wanted to try this.
What if we elevate Antenna Panel itself
maybe 15ft and use high grade Coax to complete connection. I've considered signal attenuation for length but maybe clearing Fresnel Zone might be good trade-off
Do know..just a thought

Hello Jasper. In response to your inquiry from the other post, that set up has long been discarded and I don't have any photos of it, but it was all off the shelf hardware from Amazon. Elevating the antenna is almost always good but you'll need low loss coax and there is the length mismatch issue (which I just ignored) . Another idea I have not tried yet is elevating the controller itself and running all the low voltage control circuits down inside the van hooked up to a spare controller. Lots of room for fun experimentation but I've grown so lazy that if I need video of something out of range I just use flight plan.

Hello Jasper. In response to your inquiry from the other post, that set up has long been discarded and I don't have any photos of it, but it was all off the shelf hardware from Amazon. Elevating the antenna is almost always good but you'll need low loss coax and there is the length mismatch issue (which I just ignored) . Another idea I have not tried yet is elevating the controller itself and running all the low voltage control circuits down inside the van hooked up to a spare controller. Lots of room for fun experimentation but I've grown so lazy that if I need video of something out of range I just use flight plan.

Lol..Gotcha..I've got a line on very low loss Cable i would use just to elevate Antenna. Thought would be cool to tryScreenshot_20200426-102917.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut