Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Battery outer shell opened - pics

sibujacob

Reaction score
Hi

I happened to remove the Anafi battery shell . It had an issue where if I feather touch the battery case, the unit would switch ON & OFF . I realized the issue was with the deformity of the case and nothing to do with the switch.

Anyone interested to take a peek into the Anafi battery case....attached battery pics ...The cell is 7 cm long( single cell) x 2 cm thick( 2 cells put together) in dimension stacked one above the other. It was very easy to remove without having to break anything. It was simple glued ! Just use a good sharp edged blade/knife to scar along the line edge of the shell case.

20211025_070845.jpg20211025_070822.jpg

20211025_070833.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I happened to remove the battery shell of one of my battery. It had an issue where if I feather touch the battery case, the unit would switch ON & OFF . I realized the issue was with the deformity of the case and nothing to do with the switch.

Anyone interested to take a peek into the Anafi battery case....attached battery pics ...The cell is 7 cm long( single cell) x 2 cm thick( 2 cells put together) in dimension stacked one above the other. It was very easy to remove without having to break anything. It was simple glued ! Just use a good sharp edged blade/knife

View attachment 5788View attachment 5787

View attachment 5786
Great photos thanks for sharing
I have run across same problems with a few batteries touching sides or top will turn them on I suspect cells may have swelled causing this issue
Did you notice any swelling on yours?

Reactions: sibujacob
Great photos thanks for sharing
I have run across same problems with a few batteries touching sides or top will turn them on I suspect cells may have swelled causing this issue
Did you notice any swelling on yours?
thanks.....The batteries are all ok. There is no swelling...mine has a switch issue which was due to a weak shell case. If you compress the shell a little and operate, the switch is fine .......I left part of the case unclipped and flew the drone for testing...To my amazement, the Anafi did the job and returned back. I noticed on the ground , the Anafi probably in mid flight at 100 meters high , the battery LED lights were not functioning...🙂 but everything else was functioning well and the flight completed smoothly.
It means there is something that has gone into the design to keep the Anafi running even when the switch doesn't function well !!.....

Last edited:
Swelling: Be cautious. I have a battery that swells up when charging but then shrinks as it sits and cools off. There must be some kind of pressure venting that can hide just how deteriorated the battery is. It self discharges quicker than the others. I tested it by hovering ~10 inches off the ground. It lasted ~50% of the other two batteries and decided to go critical and land with little warning- that was a fall from the sky avoided.

I had a laptop battery that swelled but it did not vent and it stayed swollen. That's what I would have expected since the gases are dangerous.

Swelling: Be cautious. I have a battery that swells up when charging but then shrinks as it sits and cools off. There must be some kind of pressure venting that can hide just how deteriorated the battery is. It self discharges quicker than the others. I tested it by hovering ~10 inches off the ground. It lasted ~50% of the other two batteries and decided to go critical and land with little warning- that was a fall from the sky avoided.

I had a laptop battery that swelled but it did not vent and it stayed swollen. That's what I would have expected since the gases are dangerous.
Yes you are correct. However in my case, i did a battery test and it seems it stood the time factor like a standard anafi battery.
In any case i will be keep a watch during each flight to ensure battery is not swelling.

Thanks sibujacob & Happy '22!
I found my battery not accepting on/off or charging status, so I peeled mine open too. Do you have any advice on how to remove the usb/led boarrd from the lid? The ribbon cable seems well attached however the on/off button doesn't so much as pull up charge status (vom reads full 7.5vdc at battery leads but not at contacts). Hoping the switch mechanics are faulty & can be easily corrected, otherwise the logics board has puked.

Please advise if/when possible. Thanks again!

Good Day and Happy ' 2022
Actually to my surprise that battery after opening stood the test of time until today with no issues during normal usage. I actually use the battery on my flights even though the ON-OFF switch malfunctions in mid air !!
My other two batteries discharge way too early but this battery stays longer. I have no clue ...🙂
I haven't removed the cables yet becos i am still trying to source the OEM batteries from GrePow , China . They did communicate earlier but then i lost them 1 month ago as they mentioned that they were only intrested in large orders. I am still trying to get to them thro' local chinese traders for five to six pcs of those LiPoly HV cells.
Also it is better to do a replacement of the cells quickly while you have the new cells in place. I know your case is a defective switch or deformed battery shell.
Will keep you posted if there is any progress...

That's good news, sibujacob. However my battery won't so much as acknowledge a usb charging cable being plugged in...no led activity, no power switch function, no voltage at the battery's primary contacts, etc. The bare cells seem fine, showing 7.5volts in series. The logics board within the battery's cover simply won't pass voltage to the contacts at the front of the battery. :( Don't know if I can fix it.
Is there a thermal switch within the battery case? If broken, would it cause the logics board to not function or not acknowledge power switch activity??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood