Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi camera artifacts?

Windolian

Reaction score
Hi, i just got my Parrot anafi extended (from waranty) and while filming the sky I always notice this strange "noise" on the sky.
Does anyone know what it is?
I was capturing in 4K HDR 30fps or with Cinema mode

It is possible that is the memory cards fault?
The memory card that came with the drone also has this problem.

I can also see it the "noise" in the phone view as well in the final recording.

Here you can see the clip with the noise on the sky

In the original video theres alot more artifacts
(Notice on the top right cornor)

I also have a green lake that you can really could see those artifacts, but the youtube compression hides it a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190831-175222.jpg
    Screenshot_20190831-175222.jpg
    290.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I looks like you were filming at low light so that is one bad idea with these small senor drone cameras. A 1 inch sensor would excel in these types of conditions.
The other thing is the Anafi camera is known to do this in HDR so now with low light it just got worse.

I looks like you were filming at low light so that is one bad idea with these small senor drone cameras. A 1 inch sensor would excel in these types of conditions.
The other thing is the Anafi camera is known to do this in HDR so now with low light it just got worse.
In that case yes, but when the video starts, you can see it in the top right corner and theres lots of light. You can also see it in the image. I updated the main thread with a video showing the same problem in natural light conditions

Last edited:
I have seen an youtube video where someone has this kind of artifacts in all the highlights in the scene.

If it is doing it consistently, I would say it is faulty.

Found the youtube video, here around 5:20 point you can start seeing it.

Looks very similiar to what you have in the still shot.

Outra filmagem
I have seen an youtube video where someone has this kind of artifacts in all the highlights in the scene.

If it is doing it consistently, I would say it is faulty.

Found the youtube video, here around 5:20 point you can start seeing it.

Looks very similiar to what you have in the still shot.
That's exactly my problem

But he showed better than me

Thanks for finding a better example, and someone with the same problem as me.

I guess there's no fix other than warranty...

Was your anafi stored around magnets? Not that it would cause the issue, perhaps it may.
No, always in a generally open area.

I wish there was a way to do a hard reset, and update the parrot firmware again. Maybe that would work...

I had the same problem on Anafi number three and Parrot replaced it. I posted photos on this site however forgot were however, just like what you had on water. It occurred several times and finally the video was gone recording black only and then the gimbal kept dropping. Parrot US support did replace it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood