Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Camera - black screen !!

griceforest

Reaction score
Hi People,
Long story short... one of the arms would not lock into place after around 7 weeks of using it. I got in touch with Parrot who claimed it was down to me crashing it (which was not true) and would not accept my warranty claim and so I bought a new hinge online and decided to open it up and I replaced the hinge.
When first opening it up I was using a video which shows how to dissemble/assemble and I unplugged a couple of wires.
Everything has been plugged back into their correct places but for some reason I just get a black screen on my phone when using it?
The camera moves and steadies itself etc but I just have a black screen. I did have a fiddle inside with the ribbon cable in which I unplugged/plugged back in and got the feed for around 10 minutes and then when I went to fly it, it went black again.
I have tried a few times but am just clueless now and don’t understand what it could be.
Most people who have a black screen issue in here have just reset their drone but it is not as simple as that. Does anybody have any advice??
Thanks in advance

Hi People,
Long story short... one of the arms would not lock into place after around 7 weeks of using it. I got in touch with Parrot who claimed it was down to me crashing it (which was not true) and would not accept my warranty claim and so I bought a new hinge online and decided to open it up and I replaced the hinge.
When first opening it up I was using a video which shows how to dissemble/assemble and I unplugged a couple of wires.
Everything has been plugged back into their correct places but for some reason I just get a black screen on my phone when using it?
The camera moves and steadies itself etc but I just have a black screen. I did have a fiddle inside with the ribbon cable in which I unplugged/plugged back in and got the feed for around 10 minutes and then when I went to fly it, it went black again.
I have tried a few times but am just clueless now and don’t understand what it could be.
Most people who have a black screen issue in here have just reset their drone but it is not as simple as that. Does anybody have any advice??
Thanks in advance
Did you perform a complete reset through the app? When open did you touch the ribbons with your fingers? If so although unlikely it could have gotten dirty and need cleaning

Did you perform a complete reset through the app? When open did you touch the ribbons with your fingers? If so although unlikely it could have gotten dirty and need cleaning
So... I opened Anafi up and seated the connections to the camera again for a 12th time !! And it finally worked as it should.
However, I have now used it and actually had a crash and have a new issue...
When I turn the drone on - the camera tries to calibrate then stops at a downwards right position and I get the message that something may be blocking the camera? When flying the camera is just shaking because the gimbal is obviously not working properly? Do you know what the issue may be? I see no physical damage and the 2 cables coming from the camera are both sat properly.

So... I opened Anafi up and seated the connections to the camera again for a 12th time !! And it finally worked as it should.
However, I have now used it and actually had a crash and have a new issue...
When I turn the drone on - the camera tries to calibrate then stops at a downwards right position and I get the message that something may be blocking the camera? When flying the camera is just shaking because the gimbal is obviously not working properly? Do you know what the issue may be? I see no physical damage and the 2 cables coming from the camera are both sat properly.
Okay now it sounds like the gimbal glitch...try doing the soft and hard reset again if you have not one by pressing the battery for 15 seconds after it turns on and it will flash red a couple times but TO BE 100% SURE FORMAT THE MEMORY CARD BEFORE ANYTHING SO THAT IT WILL BE BLANK because the only way to be sure the reset is successful is that After performing the reset a txt file will be created containing the wifi password if it is not in the main folder then the reset was NOT successful so back to the reset....after doing the format and then the reset by button THEN turn it on pair to remote then to phone and go to the app and do the reset in free flight 6 this should fix it hopefully....also how did it crash?please specify as it helps everyone in the forum including myself as I bought one used and have a love hate relationship with it haha

Hey, so I have just done both resets and it hasn’t changed anything. I crashed it into a tree like a moron and it fell about 10-15 feet. I am going to try attach some files to show you what I am getting. How do I attach videos? I have footage of just before the crash and also a video of the camera trying to calibrate when I turn it on. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2BE3E45A-A452-447F-9FA8-AB6B7DBEB10B.png
    2BE3E45A-A452-447F-9FA8-AB6B7DBEB10B.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 14
  • E42D644F-BEA8-482A-86C9-33C526EFD518.png
    E42D644F-BEA8-482A-86C9-33C526EFD518.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 06F4E814-77F0-4E66-AC33-BF256B8B4F99.jpeg
    06F4E814-77F0-4E66-AC33-BF256B8B4F99.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Hey, so I have just done both resets and it hasn’t changed anything. I crashed it into a tree like a moron and it fell about 10-15 feet. I am going to try attach some files to show you what I am getting. How do I attach videos? I have footage of just before the crash and also a video of the camera trying to calibrate when I turn it on. Thanks in advance.
Do you think the camera is sitting slightly off where it should be also? By looking at the picture I have attached.

**** your anafi looks immaculate mine looks like it got ran over and it still works! But from the pictures it looks to not have sustained any serious damage as the gimbal looks alright so with some compressed air gently move the gimbal to all extremeties like if it was doing a startup check but do I with the drone off and while doing it blast the connector part on the side because even a miniscule amount of dirt will cause an error...even just starting the camera with a specialty lens will give the error you received

and you think it is as simple a fix as that? just some dirt on or around the gimbal? I really hope so and will give it a go but what else do you think it could be if that doesn’t work?

and you think it is as simple a fix as that? just some dirt on or around the gimbal? I really hope so and will give it a go but what else do you think it could be if that doesn’t work?
It's all about narrowing the possibilities down if when you move it it feels good and unobstructed then dusting while moving should work but if it feels off especially in the circular side to side "not up and down but turning " then it should be good because if anything got damaged in a forward collision it would likely be the gimbal base if the gimbal itself is intact

It's all about narrowing the possibilities down if when you move it it feels good and unobstructed then dusting while moving should work but if it feels off especially in the circular side to side "not up and down but turning " then it should be good because if anything got damaged in a forward collision it would likely be the gimbal base if the gimbal itself is intact
And if that got damaged then you might have to take the base off and repair although I have not gone that far and few have....you can say anafi is like a mercedes in that you rarely ever see a merc owner working on their own car and repairs are just as expensive!

It looks like the L bracket is bent slightly. I wouldnt say it it looks fine at all

you might find some help here

Ji
It looks like the L bracket is bent slightly. I wouldnt say it it looks fine at all

you might find some help here

It’s working!! My L bracket is clearly bent and I also noticed the front of the camera was catching the bottom of the bracket on initialisation. Gave it a gentle pull to try and straighten it/bring it away from the bracket and it now works as it should :)
Hopefully it isn’t a temperamental break in which I will have to keep fiddling every time I use it but for now I’m happy ! ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut