Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi camera / gimbal problems

Pixelpilot

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read through the other posts here on similar issues but none are described exactly like mine so....

My gimbal is behaving oddly, and not always the same oddly.
For instance on start up it will perform its gimbal orientation normally, (most of the time) and will sit still while it is on the ground. Even if I pick it up and move the drone around it behaves normally and if i initiate a hand launch but dont actually launch it is ok also. However frequently once airborne it will rotate all over the place and normally end up facing to the rear. When this happens I get a message "check nothing is blocking the camera" or similar.

Occasionally it won't even perform the orientation prior to take off.

Having read the previous posts on similar problems I thought i might open up the drone to check the connections, but trying to peel back the sticker was extremely differcult without damaging the sticker and it is only just over a month old so I am reluctant to make it look like I have opened it up in case it invalidates the warranty. I did undo the lower screws and peek inside but couldn't see much. When I put it back together it actually improved things a little but after a while it reverted to being erratic.

Now, in Ibiza last week I did attempt a hand launch as I was on some very sharp coral type rock and for some reason it decided to land itself immediately on the sharp rocks, it wasn't a crash as such but it did ding the props slightly. It is entirely possible the two things are related and I am thinking it might have loosened a connection inside.

Has anyone successfully returned an Anafi for repair or replacemnet after opeing it up themselves, or is there anyhting else I can try to fix the problem. Controller and drone software is up to date, I have done the red light reset on the drone etc. The only thing I can't find is how to reset the drone from the app, as read in another thread?

One last thing, would you advise returning it to Parrot, or the retailer who sold it to me (WEX photgraphic).

All help gratefully received.

Jeff.

Start with the dealer. If you don't get satisfaction (replacement drone), then try Parrot. This is definitely a valid reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
droneflyer2024