Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi camera weakness (color anomaly)

Gipsz Jakab

Reaction score
In this video (at 2:00) I found a weakness of an Anafi camera: In the middle of the picture, a warmer discoloration is observed. Mine is just like that. I thought only mine was like this, but now this video begs me the question: Anyone else like that?
Anyone experienced this?
It is most noticeable when the camera shows a homogeneous solid color surface. If you use video editor to set the colors to the maximum, you can see the trial problem even more:
Anomália.png

Another Anafi video (see at 3.25) with color anomaly (the center of the screen warmer stain)
After color boost:
Anomália 2.png

Yet another color anomalia from web page the official Parrot partner (i boosted color little bit)
Anomália 3.png
It seems to be present on every Anafi camera but just doesn't appear in every situation.
It would be a good idea for Parrot to fix this phenomenon by firmware. Of course, it can be improved with a more advanced video editor / effect software, but it's not for everyone.
Please indicate if you have experienced this phenomenon. Test it against a gray surface.
Let's report the problem to Parrot ...

I made a short demonstration video of what I mention in this post:

After several flights over the sea, a similar surface now in the winter (gray) I did not notice a similar phenomenon.
Somewhere there are settings for saturation etc.
Check to see if all settings have been changed and returned to default.
It is also advisable to have the Video settings set to auto.
Are you using a filter?

So far I have not been able to get a good result with the video settings.
Currently I prefer the auto mode and always use ND filters (usually 16ND and 32ND)

So far I have not been able to get a good result with the video settings.
Currently I prefer the auto mode and always use ND filters (usually 16ND and 32ND)
I only adjust the white balance by hand in the sun or overcast. Everything else was in auto mode. I'm not using a filter (yet) Since I've discovered the same thing on countless recordings, I think it's a manufacturing flaw (weakness). It is not visible on all recordings because if the landscape is colored and the drone is not moving, it is difficult to notice. It is clearly visible on a homogeneous gray surface (concrete, beach sand). It is more noticeable when the drone is moving: objects are colored in the center of the image and as they move towards the edges of the image, their color decreases.

Here is the new Anafi video with color anomaly:
Here the side by side comparision the part of the picture. One part from center of picture, one part from side of the picture (video 7:47):
Anomália4.jpg

I only adjust the white balance by hand in the sun or overcast. Everything else was in auto mode. I'm not using a filter (yet) Since I've discovered the same thing on countless recordings, I think it's a manufacturing flaw (weakness). It is not visible on all recordings because if the landscape is colored and the drone is not moving, it is difficult to notice. It is clearly visible on a homogeneous gray surface (concrete, beach sand). It is more noticeable when the drone is moving: objects are colored in the center of the image and as they move towards the edges of the image, their color decreases.

It's not safe to draw conclusions based on published videos.
You do not know :
1. What settings has the user made?
2. What editing software has been used and what color changes have been made.
In any case, it should be investigated whether it is due to new firmware versions. However, there are no negative publications on this issue yet.

I have watch all the videos posted and I really have a hard time seeing any problem. I guess his monitor is way better then mine. He keeps posting there is a problem I guess after 9 or 10 time I will start to see it just from the power of suggestion. :)

You're right Gipsz. I didn't notice this before.
On this screenshot from one of my video, I can easily see that the center rocks are more red than the left and right ones.
But for me, it's not a problem anyway.Capture.JPG

And my monitor is not so great: I use a laptop, Dell E5570...

Last edited:
It's not safe to draw conclusions based on published videos.
You do not know :
1. What settings has the user made?
2. What editing software has been used and what color changes have been made.
In any case, it should be investigated whether it is due to new firmware versions. However, there are no negative publications on this issue yet.
If you watch 10 Anafi videos on youtube and 3 of them have the same coloration in the middle of the video image as my own raw image, then it's obviously not the software's fault, but the Anafi's camera.
Depending on the settings, it may really be noticeable, but the error is still there. I've seen footage that isn't visible at all, it doesn't affect everyone, but I think it's a type of mistake.
However, this is definitely not a firmware error. Why would that be? I have 1.6.3, the linked video is just testing the 1.6.7 firmware and the same phenomenon.

I have watch all the videos posted and I really have a hard time seeing any problem. I guess his monitor is way better then mine. He keeps posting there is a problem I guess after 9 or 10 time I will start to see it just from the power of suggestion. :)
I made a video (also mentioned in the first link) to make it even clearer. If you don't see it, your monitor is really bad (or your eyes :))

I made a video (also mentioned in the first link) to make it even clearer. If you don't see it, your monitor is really bad (or your eyes :))

LOL
Ya maybe my eyes are bad but I really don't see it. I see no reason to keep posting about a problem that no one but yourself seems to think is important. If it was such a big deal there would be a lot of youtube videos about what you are saying but really until you started posting about this I have never seen anyone with the same complaint. It might be there but to me I have not noticed it. So for me it is just fine.

I see what your complaining about, but fail to understand what the repetitive posting is ment to accomplish? I see none of the anomalies in my videos and suggest you contact Parrot about a suspect defective Anafi or problem. It's unlikely any one will pass along this problem to Parrot for you.;)

Reactions: Zigzag84
Possibly a bit of vignette from the f2.4 lens combined with the Anafi video processing?

Possibly a bit of vignette from the f2.4 lens combined with the Anafi video processing?
Vignetting is darker at the edges of the image. It is rather a color shift in the center of the image. Some people don't see it at all, others just show it up a little and I link to a video where this phenomenon is very noticeable.

Vignetting is darker at the edges of the image. It is rather a color shift in the center of the image. Some people don't see it at all, others just show it up a little and I link to a video where this phenomenon is very noticeable.

As I observe, yes there is a problem.
If you've made all the necessary (calibration, set all the video settings in auto, etc), then I suggest sending a claim to Parrot.

As I observe, yes there is a problem.
If you've made all the necessary (calibration, set all the video settings in auto, etc), then I suggest sending a claim to Parrot.
I have no claim. I just wanted to raise this issue with the community and ask what others think ...
The coloration of my Anafi is not very strong and so I can fix it with software. I make a soft-edged oval mask and adjust its color temperature to bluer. Tried it and it works.
That's why this phenomenon is interesting. It wouldn't be bad for Parrot to find out ...

Reactions: adamS
I have no claim. I just wanted to raise this issue with the community and ask what others think ...
The coloration of my Anafi is not very strong and so I can fix it with software. I make a soft-edged oval mask and adjust its color temperature to bluer. Tried it and it works.
That's why this phenomenon is interesting. It wouldn't be bad for Parrot to find out ...

I saw some recent videos on you tube (posted this week).
I didn't notice any color problems.
I conclude that these are reflections of light in specific environments and depending on the angle of incidence of light.
Besides, if there was a problem with the camera I think this would be visible on every surface and would be visible all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem