Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi camera

What type of phone is it? Is it a recommended model for the Freeflight 6 app?

Have you updated the firmware & software to the latest version yet? I used to have about 1 in 3 times I got black from the camera on the app, but the video was actually working & recording. Just that I couldn't see what I was aimed at! Since the update a few days ago I haven't had that any more!

Finally, are you trying to pair just the phone to the Anafi, or through the Skycontroller? If you are trying to just use the phone, you need to login to the Anafi's wifi with the details on the sticker in the case your Anafi came in. If you are working through the Skycontroller, you don't log into the Anafi's wifi, but do need to go to Aeroplane mode to avoid potential interference.

Reactions: Rico1517
What type of phone is it? Is it a recommended model for the Freeflight 6 app?

Have you updated the firmware & software to the latest version yet? I used to have about 1 in 3 times I got black from the camera on the app, but the video was actually working & recording. Just that I couldn't see what I was aimed at! Since the update a few days ago I haven't had that any more!

Finally, are you trying to pair just the phone to the Anafi, or through the Skycontroller? If you are trying to just use the phone, you need to login to the Anafi's wifi with the details on the sticker in the case your Anafi came in. If you are working through the Skycontroller, you don't log into the Anafi's wifi, but do need to go to Aeroplane mode to avoid potential interference.
Awesome thank you I'll try it.. I use the controller. I prefer it.. but if in airplane mode it'll still sink up with gps?

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Absolutely! I was surprised about that actually. When you are in Aeroplane mode on any mobile phone, you are still located by GPS! :eek:
The phone is passive with regards to GPS - it is listening only for GPS signals which are always present. And this is a good thing as most modern aircraft rely heavily on GPS for navigation and auto pilot.

This is an interesting read given the Anafi dependency on GPS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
"... any mobile phone ..." --> There were reports that some Samsung devices (S8) indeed turned GPS off, when in airplane mode. But I am not sure ...
Apologies, I do know better than to make blanket statements like that! :oops:

Looks like it is the same as most other mobiles after all, according to a friend with one, he can turn off "Location Services", which will turn off the GPS when in Aeroplane mode. That is the same for most all of the iPhone's & iPad's I have had too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame