Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi disconnect theory (Auto All WIFI)

ParrotAnafiFan

Reaction score
I have a theory for the disconnects when anafi switches freq in high wifi congestion areas. Your phone is too old to receive the new 2.4 or 5ghz channel, that anafi broadcasts and switches to in congestion areas. Sometimes this could be on the upper end or lower end of a channel that the anafi chooses. The newer phones probably support this better android s8 and up, dunno about apple maybe 7 and up?

Well you say that you only use SC3 and don't use wifi to control your anafi?
I don't think it matters in that sense, because the freq graph still populates on your phone, and maybe switching to an unsupported really messes things up.

What should you do? Always fly manual wifi, this will not allow it to switch to a freq your phone doesn't support and prevent disconnects.

old news but kinda new theory. I think the switching of freq in auto mode has a disconnect bug similar to this. I think it probably could be patched but unsure.

Or maybe it already is automatically with the newer phones.

If this bug can get ironed out I think the anafi would be better in high congestion areas with the freq or channel switch ironed out, and it can then operate to it's full potential.

If this is still happening with the newer phones, there is a bigger bug to squash on the auto wifi choice.

Last edited:
My experience on the anafi frequency auto mode is not able to against the WIFI interferene, when I switch to the manual mode like channel 165 of 5,8Hz the interference become eased but not as good as the DJI OCUSYNC auto mode, I don't know if the free flight 6 can be updated to improve it.
I think most of the UAV hobbyists are not intersted in the range ability, the point is if the drone can fly farther without being interfered or less interfered, then we will feel comfort to operate it in the short range to do what we need.

I have a theory for the disconnects when anafi switches freq in high wifi congestion areas. Your phone is too old to receive the new 2.4 or 5ghz channel, that anafi broadcasts and switches to in congestion areas. Sometimes this could be on the upper end or lower end of a channel that the anafi chooses. The newer phones probably support this better android s8 and up, dunno about apple maybe 7 and up?

Well you say that you only use SC3 and don't use wifi to control your anafi?
I don't think it matters in that sense, because the freq graph still populates on your phone, and maybe switching to an unsupported really messes things up.

What should you do? Always fly manual wifi, this will not allow it to switch to a freq your phone doesn't support and prevent disconnects.

old news but kinda new theory. I think the switching of freq in auto mode has a disconnect bug similar to this. I think it probably could be patched but unsure.

Or maybe it already is automatically with the newer phones.

If this bug can get ironed out I think the anafi would be better in high congestion areas with the freq or channel switch ironed out, and it can then operate to it's full potential.

If this is still happening with the newer phones, there is a bigger bug to squash on the auto wifi choice.
The phone has nothing to do with remote control via WiFi!

When using the Skycontroller3, it is possible (recommended) to switch off all radio transmissions on the phone (flying mode).

The radio transmission (WiFi) signal is generated by the Skycontroller. It has nothing to do with the WiFi of the phone. The phone communicates with the remote controller via a USB cable and actually acts as a display (more than that, it runs Freeflight 6).

So your theory is based on a faulty assumption.

Reactions: jspg
The phone has nothing to do with remote control via WiFi!

When using the Skycontroller3, it is possible (recommended) to switch off all radio transmissions on the phone (flying mode).

The radio transmission (WiFi) signal is generated by the Skycontroller. It has nothing to do with the WiFi of the phone. The phone communicates with the remote controller via a USB cable and actually acts as a display (more than that, it runs Freeflight 6).

So your theory is based on a faulty assumption.
No need to get mad and cry baby.

The disconnect bug happens on the bebops as well on auto wifi modes. If anafi picks a clear freq in flight and ff6 thinks your phone supports it and it doesn't it will disconnect.

This isn't about controlling your drone with your phones wifi, or having bluetooth on or even cell data, it is about FF6 choosing a mix matched channel based on your phone running through the app. I have always seen the anafi change frequency and never just change channel if there is interference. May be a bug as well.

example
Interference - 2.4>5ghz
instead of
Interference - 2.4 ch 1 >2.4 ch 4

Last edited:
No need to get mad and cry baby.

The disconnect bug happens on the bebops as well on auto wifi modes. If anafi picks a clear freq in flight and ff6 thinks your phone supports it and it doesn't it will disconnect.

This isn't about controlling your drone with your phones wifi, or having bluetooth on or even cell data, it is about FF6 choosing a mix matched channel based on your phone running through the app. I have always seen the anafi change frequency and never just change channel if there is interference. May be a bug as well.

example
Interference - 2.4>5ghz
instead of
Interference - 2.4 ch 1 >2.4 ch 4
I think the problem is FF6 can't adjust or command the skycontroller3 to select the less interference frequencies between 2.4&5Hz to avoid the signal disconnection like the DJI OCUSYNC when using auto WIFI mode. and it is always better to shut the WIFI & bluetooth connection on your phone when flying.

Last edited:
Maybe even they can even switch wifi standards on wifi interference? Drone detects interference and changes to wifi 802.11b and your phone is on 802.11n or vise versa? Maybe the problem is how our phones or tablets handle the auto switch over?

Maybe even they can even switch wifi standards on wifi interference? Drone detects interference and changes to wifi 802.11b and your phone is on 802.11n or vise versa? Maybe the problem is how our phones or tablets handle the auto switch over?
I don't understand why you are talking about phone WiFi in particular. The phone does not generate any radio signal when switched to airplane mode. The WiFi signal is generated by the skycontroller. No phone WiFi. The phone communicates with the skycontroller via a USB cable and the skycontroller communicates with the drone via WiFi signal. It is not clear to me why you mention 2 types of WiFi in this case.

I always use the Wifi channel selection in manual mode and have never had any problems.

No need to be offended but answer in a clear way. Thank you for the civilized reply

Select "manual" WIFI mode in FF6, then choose proper channel according to the scanning ("AirPort" app) of WIFI condensation of the surroundings , and MUST switch off the WIFI function of your phone ("airplane" mode), once select the frequerency of less occupied( for example channel 165 of 5.8Hz), you can have most of the time fly farther and better connection.

Reactions: sucklord

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut