Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi doesn't recognize app or phone

Ned Malcolm

Reaction score
I have very limited experience with drones. My Anafi was working fine. One day and I could not view the flight on the app. The drone would fly fine and the remote would control the camera... just no app functionality. I deleted the app and also deleted everything on my SD card. Now I can control the camera with my controller but the drone will not take off and needless to say does not recognize the app or my phone.. Anafi basically said "screw you" and claimed it had multiple crashes. (it didn't) I feel like it must be something simple? Functionally the drone worked fine before this. Is it possible I deleted the firmware from the SD card? Can I replace it? Help I don't want to scrap this thing. Maybe I just need a new remote controller?

The firmware is not stored on the micro SD card but in the Anafi itself. Have you tried a different USB cable between the controller and your phone? Also when you put the USB-A plug into the controller does the connection seem firm as some people have had the USB socket come loose from the PCB.

Have you tried to fly the bird just with the controller?
Or connect the phone direct to Anafis wifi?
Only to check, if the bird is fine.
Also like Liger wrote, the USB-A is/can be a weak spot in the remote.
I had to re-connect mine with the board.
And that is, b/c the remote with phone ot tablet puuten down is always laying on that plug.
Plus the solder joints seemed (on my board) not very solid.
So check on that, perhaps connect phone to the remote and move the cable side of the plug a tiny bit up. Not pulling to much! If disconnected, it moves a millimeter or such and you may get connections for a sec, because that will push the contacts toward the bord.
And you know:
You have to open it up (easy doing, if I remember right, the propeller tool is fitting there, too) and resolder one or more contacts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh