Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi down

DutchMountains

Reaction score
Morning - this week my Anafi felt out of the sky from a height of 25m. Came down on a soggy football field - the grass helped but still one arm broken plus a muddy battery and mud in one motor. The crash happened at the end of the flight in the vicinity of a few houses where it was at the beginning of the flight too. The screen reported wifi interference when the device came down. Wasn't able to do anything on my SC when it tumbled down. I do know that wifi does or can interfere the data transfer between the drone and SC but wasn't aware that it would shoot out the drone out of the sky.
BTW: the battery was on 25% so has nothin to do with the energy supply I would think!

Ordered new arms at Parrot but am hesitating to fly again in the vicinity of any houses

Any thoughts/ideas?

"BTW: the battery was on 25% so has nothin to do with the energy supply I would think"

Are you by any chance on the second latest update status?
The last one got at batt update, because the second last (or the one that did set the motors free?) may have caused trouble with some batteries

Yeah, had the 1.6.4. update on it this week when it came down. Would surprise me that the battery played a role in this one.... Unit was under power when I picked it up from the ground. Also the unit was still filming - saw it going down on the screen of my iPhone. However, it didn't save this data on the sd-card... Will have a look at the json file today.

For the future; every iPhone for the last 6 years has had perfect hardware video encoders built in for screen capture. I always record every drone flight from the iPhone screen as well, so I would be able to analyze a crash or interface anomalies and report them to Parrot.

you can type in your favorite search engine “iPhone screen recording”

Hey, a good one 2000! Didn't knew that one. Wouldn't change the outcome but it all starts with data ;-)

Hey, a good one 2000! Didn't knew that one. Wouldn't change the outcome but it all starts with data ;-)

The outcome could have been that you don't need to pay for the replacement arms. You can check it with parrot anyway as they can maybe analyse the flight logs. Also PhotoRec - CGSecurity can be used to recover the video

Well I might be another one to join the club. Just updated to 1.6.4 on Sunday. Tried to capture the sunrise and it just fell out of the air and crashed. Completely obliterated. I filed a case with Parrot. I wonder if the software release has something to do with this. UGGGhhh

Sidd

Well I might be another one to join the club. Just updated to 1.6.4 on Sunday. Tried to capture the sunrise and it just fell out of the air and crashed. Completely obliterated. I filed a case with Parrot. I wonder if the software release has something to do with this. UGGGhhh

Sidd
Wow I think you are the 4th one I have read about that had the Anafi just fall out of the sky since this last update.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Mine fell from 100 m in soft snow . not a scratch , i did the batterie update before the flight ,
Parrot new range restriction policy ,
to far we crash you
to high we shut down the batterie

Mine was such a routine flight that I am sure it was because of the new software update. All I did was go straight up 150 feet shoot video then after 1 minute it just dropped and was destroyed. I hope they fix the glitch. Is there anyway to update prior versions if I ever get another ANAFI?

Sidd

Just to prevent any misunderstanding - mine was still on the 1.6.4 version. So that crash cannot be linked to the newest update..
I received a repair unit from Anafi and hope to replace the left arm this weekend. But to be honest I'm already quite scared to fly... and certainly not with the newest update :rolleyes:

Thank you. I contacted Parrot and they have the laundry list of questions and pictures and attachments. So...... game on

Sidd

Yeah, had the 1.6.4. update on it this week when it came down. Would surprise me that the battery played a role in this one.... Unit was under power when I picked it up from the ground. Also the unit was still filming - saw it going down on the screen of my iPhone. However, it didn't save this data on the sd-card... Will have a look at the json file today.
I had a similar experience today with my anafi dropping out of the sky at about 25 meters and breaking the right rear arm.

Wow, same height - left rear arm left broken at mine. Which software Leon? The new 1.6.5 or the old one? Today I replaced the broken arm and also replaced the props just to be sure. It seems to work well - at least for 7 min inside the house for testing. But will wait a while before challenging the big sky - still a chicken ;-)

Wow, same height - left rear arm left broken at mine. Which software Leon? The new 1.6.5 or the old one? Today I replaced the broken arm and also replaced the props just to be sure. It seems to work well - at least for 7 min inside the house for testing. But will wait a while before challenging the big sky - still a chicken ;-)
The new 1.6.5 update. Now battling to get hold of just the arm. Only thing available is the whole body at very high prices as everything is in euros and the exchange rate with ZAR is high

Did anybody have a screen recording of the phone/tablet on the moment of the crash?

Nope test, learned it via your post. So all next flights will be with the recording!! Not sure if Leon did.
True Leon, I bought the entire set for 99 bucks plus shipping - couldn't find a cheaper way. And don't wanna risk third party stuff that may cause the next crash!

Leon, when repairing the arm I observed that the hinge seemed to have received a hit too. It wasn't straight anymore, so difficult to disassemble. When ordering a new arm from Parrot it includes new hinges, use those!IMG_5786.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 3201

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman