Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi fell from sky??

Top Drone

Reaction score
I've had no probs with my Anafi with over 18hrs of flight with it until today...

It just dropped from about 65ft while it was hovering. Just going to move after taking a pic looked up and seen it tumbling to the ground, luckily landed on some grass and no obvious damage.

It was still on and bleeping, had to remove battery to stop it, cleaned it switched it back on and seemed ok but keep getting Vertical camera failure message...

Checked forums etc and look like it maybe the connector on the motherboard from the vertical camera...I'm more concerned about why it just fell?

Checking the flight data it didn't even say there was a crash but the graph just stops at height of 65ft, battery ok?? Anyone able to help??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-230612_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-230612_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20200223-230801_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-230801_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 33
Did you spot any bird near by?

That did cross my mind...

There were trees around and a lot of groups of birds in the area but I didnt see any near at the time although it could of happened when I was looking at the phone...

And it should show a chrash, too.
But you never know.
And with tumbling down, you mean just falling or something slower?
Perhaps it was a battery "problem" autolanding?

How old is the battery? How many flights?
Are you on the latest fw?

And it should show a chrash, too.
But you never know.
And with tumbling down, you mean just falling or something slower?
Perhaps it was a battery "problem" autolanding?

How old is the battery? How many flights?
Are you on the latest fw?

Yeah should of shown crash but didn't?

It didnt just drop it was tumbling head over heals but fell pretty quick?
Landed upside down and fan was still running, blue light flashing and anafi bleeping...

Battery is over a year old but on the graph battery is about 80% and no drops or peaks...

Not sure how many flights will have to check but definitely wasn't auto landing and updated fw about 2 months ago but did notice there is an update in the app...

So you are not on the latest fw.
Which should be good.
Seems to me more like another sudden battery powerloss.
But very early in the flighttime/battery percentage.

Try to reset the battery and look, if you can hover it in one or two meter height with soft ground under it and for a total battery.

You have just on of 'em?

So you are not on the latest fw.
Which should be good.
Seems to me more like another sudden battery powerloss.
But very early in the flighttime/battery percentage.

Try to reset the battery and look, if you can hover it in one or two meter height with soft ground under it and for a total battery.

You have just on of 'em?

Will update to the latest firmware and I have 3 batteries that I have reset.

Will have to sort the vertical camera error as well as it wont take off.

Thanks for your help Ana?

Ehm, I kind of meant:
Looking at all the complains about the latest firmware for Anafi and remote, I think you 're NOT being on them is taking the latest fw away, as a possible reason for your chrash!

I would be careful, right now, with updating to 2020 fw's!
(Ok, I will not update, right now! For other reasons ;-)

Reactions: Top Drone
Looking at the graph it looks like a very normal flight which it was not as you say it just fell to the ground. Since it was still powered on and peeping when you retrieved it it does not seem to have lost power and shut down. The vertical camera error needs to be corrected so you can determine if there is a motor or ESC problem. The connector as you mentioned can come loose and sometimes can be fixed, sometimes not.
You should take the .Json file from that flight and post it here for others to look it over. Perhaps there is something in the log that might show a problem. We use the program in this post to help us find problems with a flight.

Reactions: Ana789
Looking at the graph a fault has occured, it is not a bird strike or anything like - as it has not registered anything on the graph.

Maybe the motherboard had a brain freeze - you would expect it to at least show the crash (as the Anafi flipped over) and show the decent speed with corresponding altitude changes.

There is the possiblity of an ESC fault or motor bearing failure - but still you would expect all these things to show up in the logs, if the motherboard was still recording it.

Ehm, I kind of meant:
Looking at all the complains about the latest firmware for Anafi and remote, I think you 're NOT being on them is taking the latest fw away, as a possible reason for your chrash!

I would be careful, right now, with updating to 2020 fw's!
(Ok, I will not update, right now! For other reasons ;-)
Thanks again Ana for the info...so your saying dont upgrade to the latest fw

Thanks again Ana for the info...so your saying dont upgrade to the latest fw
I'm saying, I won't do it right now.
Mainly b/c they coded last app and FW's that way, so that FFC forcing isn't (seems like it's not ) possible any longer
But also because I did read about problems, that haven't been there BEFORE the last updates.
Example:
And yet another unwanted autolanding

I'd focus on testing my batteries (after resolving the camera problem) in low flight hovering till "low battery landing".

ok, 1.6.1 is a bit older as I expected
So you still have the 150m height limit in the firmware
1.6.3 would be the "best", but I do not know if you could update only to 1.6.3, but skip the 1.6.4.
I somehow don't think so.

That is a difficult situation.
Perhaps you should ask around (new topic), if the 1.6.1 had any important issues/bugs?

Oh:
The app Version, you are on?

6.6.2 seems to be the highest, you should be on. Right now. ;-)

ok, 1.6.1 is a bit older as I expected
So you still have the 150m height limit in the firmware
1.6.3 would be the "best", but I do not know if you could update only to 1.6.3, but skip the 1.6.4.
I somehow don't think so.

That is a difficult situation.
Perhaps you should ask around (new topic), if the 1.6.1 had any important issues/bugs?
Thanks again Ana, will let you know what I find and hopefully be flying again soon?

If you are in Europe and there is any airport around (< 30 km) I wouldn't exclude some jamming action. Apparently they received their new toys, and they are having some fun before the July new EU rules...
I was heavily jammed as soon as I reached 150 meters a few days ago, despite the fact that the actual rules about altitude in my country do NOT apply to the Anafi (until July) ! Of course from 15 kilometers away they don't know the exact weight of my drone...

Thanks for the info. Wasn't anywhere near airports when Anafi fell from the sky though...

If you are in Europe and there is any airport around (< 30 km) I wouldn't exclude some jamming action. Apparently they received their new toys, and they are having some fun before the July new EU rules...
I was heavily jammed as soon as I reached 150 meters a few days ago, despite the fact that the actual rules about altitude in my country do NOT apply to the Anafi (until July) ! Of course from 15 kilometers away they don't know the exact weight of my drone...

But jamming a bird to ground is a landing, not a falling. Because the drone get jammed from every radio signal and also from gps receiving. So there is just one option for it, land and during that time, get blown with the wind.
Falling out of the sky 's not jammed, I'd say

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut