Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi fell out of the sky , malfunctioning RTH

Ayush

Reaction score
Hi , I recently bought my first drone the anafi . I had a very pleasant experience flying it and most of the times the drone worked fine except connections issues . Yesterday I flew my drone from my lawn , and suddenly at an altitude of 10 meters and distance of about 60-70 meters the drone started drifting away . I pressed the RTH button and the drone was suppose to increase the altitude by 20 metres and return home , but the drone just dipped , as if the motors stopped working . Since My lawn is overlooking a valley of woods , I couldn’t see where it fell as the connection lost message appeared . I tried tracking the drone in woods using the last known location but couldn’t find it . The controller had 100 % battery and the drone about 75 % when this happened .i have used the drone from the same spot Iso many times and effectively manoeuverd the drone upto 1.2 km without any issues or interference. Also the flight log for that particular flight does not exist ! Can anyone explain ??

Hello, and sorry for your loss.....surely awful.

Was the Anafi a brand new one? Firmwares were both updated on latest version and you did reset on both after the firmware updates?

Hello, and sorry for your loss.....surely awful.

Was the Anafi a brand new one? Firmwares were both updated on latest version and you did reset on both after the firmware updates?

It was about 3 months old . I did my last update around 2 months ago . It was working fine since . I did t do any reset or update before this flight . I had gps lock on both drone and controller . I have written to parrot still awaiting reply

Reactions: StIwY
Just wondering if someone finds the drone and switches it on will my free flight app show a new location ?

Just wondering if someone finds the drone and switches it on will my free flight app show a new location ?

If the battery is not flat, I'm guessing it will show it's last known location and not a new one. I really hope you find it :(

Sorry to hear of i our loss, it should be the last known position and is probably up in a tree. The last known log will probably upload when reconnecting to drone again, that’s happened to me as well.

Several times, I’ve accidentally pressed the take off/land arrow button instead of RTH button with both a Bebop 2 and the Anafi. Once at a distance of 2 miles, fortunately was able to find it from it’s last known location in an orange orchard. The other two incidents were closer, and luckily they landed in areas I could drive up to.

Return back to the area of its last known location, it’s probably there hidden in the trees or grass.

Good luck,
Paul

It was about 3 months old . I did my last update around 2 months ago . It was working fine since . I did t do any reset or update before this flight . I had gps lock on both drone and controller . I have written to parrot still awaiting reply
Aight, let us know, i'm curious to see how Parrot will behave, since i read some bad opinions about it.

I have read some very good opinions on this forum of Parrot support provided that you give them all of the information that they ask for. It may take a while but if it is a fault on the drone then they may replace it at their cost.

From my personal opinion, I don't believe that you will have luck, if you can not provide any logs or something else., which showed some issues with the software or hardware.... That's - from my point of view--the same, as if you said, that the Anafi was crash into a deep water and no data are available....
I'm searching for an app which can record the screen and also the streaming video with less CPU load for the case, that something is happen and I have no access to the flightdata. If I have video of the behavior - without log.- the chance will be better for a warrenty request

Did you bring the controller with you when you were looking for it? If the drone stayed powered on you might get a picture back on your screen if you get close to it. Same thing happened to me the other day and i could hear it beeping and as i got closer got a signal from the camera.

Yes I did bring the controller and tried to re connect . Had searched the area very thoroughly. A good friend of mine is expert in climbing trees but after 4 days of search now I have given up . And it’s raining heavily today , I guess even if I find it now ,chance is really slip, it ll be waterlogged and damaged . I am still awaiting reply from parrot support . I really hope they accommodate me . Since I have the controller I ll just need a drone replacement
Did you bring the controller with you when you were looking for it? If the drone stayed powered on you might get a picture back on your screen if you get close to it. Same thing happened to me the other day and i could hear it beeping and as i got closer got a signal from the camera.

Sorry to hear of i our loss, it should be the last known position and is probably up in a tree. The last known log will probably upload when reconnecting to drone again, that’s happened to me as well.

Several times, I’ve accidentally pressed the take off/land arrow button instead of RTH button with both a Bebop 2 and the Anafi. Once at a distance of 2 miles, fortunately was able to find it from it’s last known location in an orange orchard. The other two incidents were closer, and luckily they landed in areas I could drive up to.

Return back to the area of its last known location, it’s probably there hidden in the trees or grass.

Good luck,
Paul
Once I pressed the RTH button and saw it going down I immediately tried to o erode using the controller which should have cancelled the RTH or landing sequence . But I feel the drone just went dead and dropped like a brick

Aight, let us know, i'm curious to see how Parrot will behave, since i read some bad opinions about it.
I got a replacement , long communication, lots of emails and phone calls , I had to send my controller and box back to US for replacement since I bought the drone there , just received the replacement at my US address. A huge cheers to parrot for being understanding and fair in this matter

I have read some very good opinions on this forum of Parrot support provided that you give them all of the information that they ask for. It may take a while but if it is a fault on the drone then they may replace it at their cost.
Worked out exactly like u said ... took time and lot of communication but I got the replacement

Guys has the land process been fixed by parrot in FF6? We get a landing confirmation first instead of actually landing if you press it? I have not tried yet.

Guys has the land process been fixed by parrot in FF6? We get a landing confirmation first instead of actually landing if you press it? I have not tried yet.
Maybe start a new thread? Your question seems to be unrelated to the subject of this thread.

Reactions: Joe_Scot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut