Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi gimbal off center after crash and shows yellow

BlkPanther

Reaction score
Good Evening Parrot Anafi Pilots!

I have an issue with my Anafi.
1. I crashed it into a tree limb
2. It fell approx 5 ft into grass
3. Nothing looks broken or bent
4. During Calibration Anafi shows yellow.
5. When I attempt calibrate it the camera show off 5 degrees on x axis.
6. When I try to Gimbal Calibrate. I get an error message the keeps coming back and saying. "Put your drone on still surface and try again." After I click ok to calibrate.

What I've tried.
1. Hard reset drone. Pressing Power Switch and letting go after all buttons turn red.
2. Updated FF6.
3. Shaking it.
4. I contacted Parrot CS. They gave me the you crashed it. Warrant Voided. Send it to Drone Nerds for repair.
5. I called them. They said they can take a look at it for $65 + shipping.

Any thoughts on how to fix or should I send it in? Has anyone had this issue?

Last edited:
I would try this first.

Disassemble and reassemble.
There are wifi antennas and motor cables inside the legs, so you won't need to disassemble everything.

I started the disassemble and said... Darn that's a lot a screws. lol. Let me put these six back and try asking here 1st... lol

Last edited:
As I have suggest in my other posts about this - run the gimbal through all its motion, and see if there is any notching or sticky points.

The latest firmware is extremely sensitive to this and any notches however slight will cause it to error / yellow out the gimbal.

If you do feel some notches, then keep working the gimbal - as it maybe some dirt has got in to the servo motors, and keep moving the gimbal around should clear it out.

Thank you for your suggestions. I feel no grit and everything moves smoothly. I noticed today the the gps was showing red too, so I took the plunge and started taking her apart. I did find the the GPS cord was not attached to mother board and the video is not real clear on how to attach it... I am also working on getting to how the gimbal cords are attached so that I can make sure they are snug. This is a major puzzle. Between the video and pdf. It's all clear aa mud but I will keep working through it.

Thank you for your suggestions. I feel no grit and everything moves smoothly. I noticed today the the gps was showing red too, so I took the plunge and started taking her apart. I did find the the GPS cord was not attached to mother board and the video is not real clear on how to attach it... I am also working on getting to how the gimbal cords are attached so that I can make sure they are snug. This is a major puzzle. Between the video and pdf. It's all clear aa mud but I will keep working through it.

The GPS cable uses an u.Fl/iPex connector - that must of been quite a crash if it has detached - it takes quite some force to disconnect them connectors.

Well the good news is I fixed the GPS issue. Bad news is Calibration Issue is occurring. Also, I ripped the micro-sd connector when trying to follow the video instructions. Its says pull out. Is should say push down to release glue then pull to remove. I may have just missed it. Bottomline is Anafi is has GPS now but still has calibration issues (yellow), Red message about "putting it on still surface" and now I need to replace the sd card connector. I love this little drone but it's my 2nd one. I believe the yellow error are software issues. Along with the red error about putting it on still surface. I ripped the connector so I'll eat that one. But I have a funny feeling getting that repaired maybe costly. Any thoughts??? 20191210_200423.jpg

I just talked to DN. They said replace the drone. I'm not giving up. I have my Bebop 2. Going flying today. Clear Blue Sky in NC. If anyone has any ideas about my issues with Anna. Please chime in... Happy Droning...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut