Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi - Hands Across the Sand - Willunga Beach 2019

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Some aerial footage for the Hands Across the Sand protest last Sunday at Willunga Beach, South Australia. It's an annual protest against the potential of deep sea drilling in the Great Australian Bight, the latest contender to want to do this is a company from Norway called Equinor. Needless to say, it's not a popular idea here.

Technicals:
Anafi, Natural, 4K, Cloudy, ISO 100, Auto Shutter, HDR (no ND filters)

Ordinarily I use ND filters to give me a shutter speed of 1/50, but didn't have time at this event as I was also capturing video & photography of it too.

Last edited:
Pretty cool Alex (y)
Thanks @Agustine ! There was another guy there with his Mavic Pro II. Geeze that thing is so noisy & really obvious in the sky as a result! I love the Anafi more & more each time I use her. Especially that at protests I can knock out footage really quickly, almost instantly, using my laptop. I'm hoping that with the recent release of code for the Anafi, there might become the ability to bump out footage to social media even quicker again, if not live & without the need of the laptop.

Well Youtube does not allow mobile streaming unless you have 1000 subs. There are other ways to stream to facebook and such but they require running a 3rd party app.
Youtube did this to try and stop those terrorist from streaming their actions live to the masses.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Well Youtube does not allow mobile streaming unless you have 1000 subs. There are other ways to stream to facebook and such but they require running a 3rd party app.
Youtube did this to try and stop those terrorist from streaming their actions live to the masses.
That's a good thing. I know with some DJI's you can through a third party interface stream live to Facebook, that would be great if it was eventually available for the Anafi too.

Looks like a really fun event. Thanks for sharing.

Sidd
It was a great event, Sidd. Some great stuff took place before & after the line of people posed holding hands. Drumming, speakers, singing, dancing, making sand castles, etc...

Well, there's your time lapse! Alex, which compression factor did you use? Curious minds want to know. :unsure:
Sorry Rocky, no time-lapse here. I prefer to speed it up in post-production for a slightly better output quality & access to real-time footage if I ever need it. Sections here were sped up 2, 4 or 8 times & then there are also some parts at real-time.

OK, noted. I will have to learn how to do that.
It's normally not too hard, make your cuts where you want to speed up a section to a different rate, but, keep in mind how long that section will finally be when sped up, so you're not whiplashing people visually, if that makes sense?
e.g. If you wanted final play length 2 second portions that were progressively sped up from standard to 2x, 4x then 8x. You would need 2 seconds of footage for standard speed, 4 seconds for 2x, 8 seconds for 4x & 16 seconds for the 8x section, so they were all 2 seconds each. By visual whiplashing I was meaning that the end parts become too quick, like half a second, which is visually jarring to observe afterwards.

Depending on the video editor you are using you may even be able to ramp up speeds smoothly, from 1x to 8x over whatever time duration.

Google is your friend in this regards, there's a million & one video tutorials out there on all this. Have fun with it & I look forward to seeing the results!

Cool! I particularly liked the orbit and pull-back shot over the water from 02:12 onwards.
Thanks! That was achieved using Cameraman. I use it all the time in a multitude of different ways. In my eyes it is one of the best features of the Anafi, even more so, that you don't need to purchase anything to use it!

Nice footage, beautiful beach and really like the quietness of the Anafi and how unobtrusive it is.
Thanks! She got buffeted around when I got closer to the cliffs, so I shifted her around a bit. I probably should have removed that adjustment from the final release video, but was under the gun to get it out & didn't really think about it. You live & learn!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut