Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Hard Landings

SkySpy

Reaction score
I originally posted this thread under general discussions thinking it was a general discussion for the Anafi. It was suggested that I post this under the Anafi section.

Greetings fellow pilots! I may have posted a thread about this issue before. I searched the topic however and did not find one. I have never crashed this drone, but I have experienced several hard landings. it seems as though this drone does not detect it's altitude very dependably as my DJI drones always do. In the beginning i was landing with the left stick. After talking with support i started use the land/launch button on the control. This did not help. I contacted support again and they have not supplied any helpful advice. I suspect that the downward facing sensor does not see an obvious surface, therefore I have spent much time and money trying to create one. I purchased a 2ft square plywood board and painter it bright yellow with contrasting dark green lines in a crossed pattern (Non-Gloss). Although I think this helped I still get hard landings. Support has ignored my latest request for help so I think there is really no fix for this. It is a weakness in the hardware that they rather not discuss. Have any of you experienced this same problem? I think this problem is causing other issues and will eventually kill the drone.

Hmmm. How hard is hard? If it's initiating its landing sequence from generally the right height then the sensor is probably OK. It does tend to drop onto the ground a bit hard. Is yours significantly worse than the examples you find on YouTube showing the Anafi landing?

If you're concerned about wear and tear, it's quite easy to land it on your outstretched palm with a bit of practice.

Hmmm. How hard is hard? If it's initiating its landing sequence from generally the right height then the sensor is probably OK. It does tend to drop onto the ground a bit hard. Is yours significantly worse than the examples you find on YouTube showing the Anafi landing?

If you're concerned about wear and tear, it's quite easy to land it on your outstretched palm with a bit of practice.
Too hard! It caused calibration problems for the gimble. It will some times hover at about 2ft., the drop when I press the button. I have also had it start the decent from 2ft and drop the last foot are so.

Too hard! It caused calibration problems for the gimble. It will some times hover at about 2ft., the drop when I press the button. I have also had it start the decent from 2ft and drop the last foot are so.
Which firmware, which app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood