Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi HDR comparison video

justDee

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm still learning, still experimenting with the settings. I shot some footage yesterday and put the two videos side by side to compare the two. Both are filmed in 2.7K, 24 fps, in AUTO mode, but one is with HDR turned ON and the other with HDR turned OFF. Flew same programmed flight plan twice. I designed this flight path to try and capture the ground, the trees, and the horizon at various angles.
Feed back welcome as I am still learning and your input helps me a lot.
I also shot one flight with the ND4 filter and one with the ND8 during this same time period. But due to the adjustments I made while in flight, I think those two videos will be stand alone projects.

Thanks for watching.

I would have picked the "HDR off" on the right as being the HDR video.I base my thoughts on three factors:
1) greater "contrast" in the sky
2) higher saturation kevels(particularly yellows)
3)"Opening-up" of shadows in the trees.
Guess I have bit of learning and experimenting ahead.
Thanks for the comparison.

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Yeah, so would I. Dee, are you sure you didn't swap the titles by mistake? All the other HDR comparisons I've seen would make me choose the right one as HDR.

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Nope, I recorded my iPhone screen as well, just didn't include it on this video. But they are in correct order, I just double checked by viewing the iPhone video to the two videos, plus checked the time they were recorded. Recorded in HDR first, then without HDR.

.... they are in correct order, I just double checked by viewing the iPhone video to the two videos,....
Interesting. I do think the appearance of HDR is affected to some degree by the subject matter. I'm going to try my own comparison with a few different subjects and lighting. So far, I like HDR in bright sunlight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K