Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Hosed?

WWTV

Reaction score
So I finally had my first crash today. Was doing some flying for fun in a park and I flew my Anafi into a light pole. I had my directions reversed and should've moved the stick the other way. At first glance it looked like all I would need to do is replace Arm 3 and possibly Arm 4. I was prepared to buy the full Mechanical Kit since I really needed the parts before next week. Once I got home and powered on the drone, the camera gimbal appears to be damaged also.

The camera won't center during startup. It does its usual startup sequence, but at the end it points down at almost a 45º angle. It will make a few more attempts, but it never ends up straight. I can't even control the camera with the controller or directly from the app. I'll get the "Camera Error - Check that nothing is blocking the camera, then restart you drone" message if I hit FLY. If I select the drone, then the camera is highlighted in red. When I hit Camera Calibration the Gimbal Calibration is "Unavailable."

I'm going to guess that the camera gimbal is hosed and this isn't really repairable or if it is it would be cost prohibitive.

Before giving up open it up and check all connections coming from the camera and gimbal. Something might have come lose on impact. It does noy take much for them to get dislodged. Worst case is you damage on off the gimbal motors and then yes it would be toast.

My camera was dead after last week crash and dunk till i did soft and hard reset...i mean Dead......hook up battery to anafi,turn it on ,wait 30 sec.,press and hold power button for 15 seconds,release...wait minute,in freeflight 6 hit drone icon (X) in upper top part of screen,you will see map,scroll all way down and hit Reset.....now hit Drone Calibration in same screen...that doesnt work,start checking camera

My camera was dead after last week crash and dunk till i did soft and hard reset...i mean Dead......hook up battery to anafi,turn it on ,wait 30 sec.,press and hold power button for 15 seconds,release...wait minute,in freeflight 6 hit drone icon (X) in upper top part of screen,you will see map,scroll all way down and hit Reset.....now hit Drone Calibration in same screen...that doesnt work,start checking camera

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it didn't work. I'll try to do Agustine's suggestion at some point.

Before giving up open it up and check all connections coming from the camera and gimbal. Something might have come lose on impact. It does noy take much for them to get dislodged. Worst case is you damage on off the gimbal motors and then yes it would be toast.

I'll look into doing that. I'll track down the proper tools to take it apart.

So I finally had my first crash today. Was doing some flying for fun in a park and I flew my Anafi into a light pole. I had my directions reversed and should've moved the stick the other way. At first glance it looked like all I would need to do is replace Arm 3 and possibly Arm 4. I was prepared to buy the full Mechanical Kit since I really needed the parts before next week. Once I got home and powered on the drone, the camera gimbal appears to be damaged also.

The camera won't center during startup. It does its usual startup sequence, but at the end it points down at almost a 45º angle. It will make a few more attempts, but it never ends up straight. I can't even control the camera with the controller or directly from the app. I'll get the "Camera Error - Check that nothing is blocking the camera, then restart you drone" message if I hit FLY. If I select the drone, then the camera is highlighted in red. When I hit Camera Calibration the Gimbal Calibration is "Unavailable."

I'm going to guess that the camera gimbal is hosed and this isn't really repairable or if it is it would be cost prohibitive.

Unlikely to be connections - that error is caused (99% of time) by the gimbal unable to complete the X and Y cycle on power up.

Run the cycle with your hand with the drone powered OFF - and see if that is any notching especially when you get to the points when the camera goes all the way up and down (and hits the gimbal stops/arms).

You might find that the arm has bent slightly and is not allowing the gimbal to complete the full cycle or that there is a bit of grit in the gimbal causing sticky motion.

Unlikely to be connections - that error is caused (99% of time) by the gimbal unable to complete the X and Y cycle on power up.

Run the cycle with your hand with the drone powered OFF - and see if that is any notching especially when you get to the points when the camera goes all the way up and down (and hits the gimbal stops/arms).

You might find that the arm has bent slightly and is not allowing the gimbal to complete the full cycle or that there is a bit of grit in the gimbal causing sticky motion.
Yeah, I think it's getting stopped by a bump on the bottom of the camera motion. It rotates to the bottom, very slightly rotates away, and then tries to rotate back to the bottom during startup. When I turn it off and manually do it I can feel that it might catch on what looks like a cable/cable cover. I can't remember if this double down motion is normal or not. The connectors were solid too. I guess I can sell it for parts to help make up for buying another one.

Attachments

• IMG_9773.jpg
    IMG_9773.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9775.jpg
    IMG_9775.jpg
    679.9 KB · Views: 15
Yeah, I think it's getting stopped by a bump on the bottom of the camera motion. It rotates to the bottom, very slightly rotates away, and then tries to rotate back to the bottom during startup. When I turn it off and manually do it I can feel that it might catch on what looks like a cable/cable cover. I can't remember if this double down motion is normal or not. The connectors were solid too. I guess I can sell it for parts to help make up for buying another one.
Hi, have you managed to fix it? I'm having the same issue as yours. thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar