Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi hovers dangerously erratic...

apixelpilot

Reaction score
Lately, my Anafi will move around unexpectedly, up, left, random directions... not drift, but lunge & bounce. I wont fly it any more until I find the rotor guards :-/

Anyway, I had a few crashes due to having a Theta 360 (101grams) attached to the "chest" of the body, with nylon bolt & double stick adhesive.
• When the Theta was first attached directly to the chest, it hovered and flew smoothly, to my surprise and glee
• When I used a 2" extension, it flew smoothly as well (extension is a plastic tube)
• So of course I tried a 3" extension and that was too much- the drone wobbled too much, but I was able to catch it before if fell.
Subsequent tests using the 2" extension and attaching the camera directly to the body have resulted in several low level crashes (no more than 4-5ft AGL), a smashed lens on the theta and replacing a set of props.

But now even with nothing attached, when it launches it's like a wild bull out of the gate!
So considering all this brave little bird has been through, where should I start looking to remedy these erratic movements?

FWIW: video proof of concept
Steady 360

Wobbly 360

This should not happen as the Anafi uses the vertical camera under 3 meters to stay rock solid.

Is your surface maybe confusing the optical flow logic?!? Try getting a cardboard box to create a high contrast area under the Anafi and see if it stays still over that.

Fun fact if you then move the cardboard around, the drone should move with the cardboard. I use this trick to explain how optical flow works to the kids.

Reactions: dashSolo
I can't see the videos as they are marked as Private.
This should not happen as the Anafi uses the vertical camera under 3 meters to stay rock solid.

Is your surface maybe confusing the optical flow logic?!? Try getting a cardboard box to create a high contrast area under the Anafi and see if it stays still over that.

Fun fact if you then move the cardboard around, the drone should move with the cardboard. I use this trick to explain how optical flow works to the kids.
Anafi works perfectly even at night at 0 lux. i think something is screwed up with the guys sonar sensor at the bottom...

Anafi is not able to carry anything additional.
If you now use it without additional parts and it also shows an unstable flight, you should calibrate everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut