Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi in Ireland

Interesting subjects!
Learning to use the autonomous flight modes like Flight Plan and Cameraman will reduce or eliminate the jerky motions apparent in these videos. In Flight Plan, you can set the speed from waypoint to waypoint to a low value, like 2 m/sec. This will make it seem more fluid and give the viewer time to look deeper into the shot. Also setting the Film mode settings to quite small values will help, too.

Reactions: rodolf
Yes you are right, and i'm not (yet) a great pilot, with flight plan the fly will be perfect, but i prefer keep the manual control when i don't know the site, if necessary, i can go back to me with the way i've choosed. It was my first fly so i need to practice again and again to be more fluid.

Thanks

Ah, yes, in order to use Flight Plan you have to know the site rather well unless it is flat, because Google Earth does not show in 3D on the phone. May I suggest playing with it around some small cottages without tall trees nearby. It takes a bit of experimentation to get all the parameters set up right so FP does what you want, and fiddling with the leg speed and waypoint height on that tiny screen is frustrating. (Hint: set the leg speed on the first leg as soon as it is created and all the other legs will use that value.)

When I first started with the Anafi six months ago, my footage was as jerky as yours. Setting the rotation and camera angle rates to really low values helped smooth the footage quite a bit. Mine are currently set at Max Inclination: 9 degrees, Max Inclination speed at 80 degrees/second, Max Vertical at 5 ft/sec., Max Rotation at 15 degrees/sec., and Max Camera Tilt speed at 7 degrees/sec. for Film. The rotation speed and tilt speed are the most important.

I still don't understand Parrot's nomenclature real well.......Inclination of what, and which direction? :unsure:

Make sure you do not take off from a start point which is on the other side of an object like a tree from your current location Same applies when requesting RTH .

Last edited:
OH yeah, this has happened to several forum members! Solution is to fly the drone up above all obstructions before initiating Flight Plan. Checking that RTH altitude is appropriate for the environment should be part of the checklist....easy to forget.

Thanks Rocky for your settings and advices, i forget to tell that some videos are speed up (x1.3), may be a bad idea.

Last edited:
Well, that would definitely have the effect of making it more jerky! That never occurred to me. :unsure:
Of course, it could be that I'm just old and like everything slow. ?

I agree that sped up is intensifying the effect. maybe more cuts in the video so you watch it as a highlight.

I would also suggest using the cameraman mode. It is pretty easy to use and keeps the controls very hands on which is good as you are getting used to it. In that mode the camera will keep the point of interest centered on the screen and as you manually fly it will adjust to keep centered. For me it removed a bunch of the jerkyness.

Sidd

You can search YouTube that have demos of how it works. Much easier to see than have me try to explain how to do it... lol

Sidd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar