Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi in Water

pn.jhaveri

Reaction score
Can anyone help advise to check whether the Anafi is initiating back after it dropped in water I have dried it but scared to start it if any water may lead to a short circuit within and then its lost forever.

Hello Liger,
Thanks for the reply. I found it floating in a lake of freshwater ( ice cold) during my recent vacation. I did manage to retrieve the memory card and seems it was floating for 3 days before I found it.
i tried to restart it a while ago and apparently its working fine. Only issue im facing now is to turn it OFF. The moment I insert the battery the fan starts and the 4 LED's turn on and standby ready to take off.

Is there nothing on the memory card or Anafi to say who owns it? Where did you find it?

To see whether it is working you could download FF6 and try to connect to the Anafi by WiFi. However this would need the Anafi's WiFi password which needs the battery button pressing, when it is turned off, until the red lights come on and then the password should be written on the SD card.

Reactions: HBR
Hi,
Only a couple of Bin /system files and few photographs and video But no info on who owned it etc. Password managed to see it from the body itself and it worked.
able to fly via the app.. just checked it indoors and the flight took off.
As mentioned earlier it doesn't turn off the fan keep running continuously after trying to press the power button.

You could try to reset the battery. Remove the battery from the Anafi and then hold the button down for about 20 seconds until 4 red lights appear and then release the button.

i did try this earlier trying to press and hold for 15-20sec.. however the red LED doesn't lit up atall.
may be the battery has a bit of an issue i guess as not getting resetted.

Maybe this is Agustine's lost Anafi....lol...j/k :). Maybe the battery itself is bad that's probably it was lost in the first place. :unsure:

Yes, indeed it was bad for the one who lost...I personally fly the Mavic Air and always try to be as careful as possible as its a decent amount of money invested in it. Thankfully it's still working and survived so can be put to use again rather than going for waste. Will check out its performance by buying a Battery or have it checked at a local store here.

This is what I could see from the app about the last flight it had before getting into water. The battery was just 30% consumed. What error it could have had occurred. Just for study or discussion purpose.D637B169-2DDD-4C5A-804E-C9E5227034EA.pngB9C9887C-A864-4A03-8D74-DD61CFEC815D.png

Its pretty hard to tell from the Apps info. If you can upload the .Json file someplace for others to look at it might reveal more info in the "Show Anafi Project Program or flight Data manager.

For that flight are you able to download the .json file and post it here. There should be what looks like a rectangle with an upward pointing arrow to the right of the flight date. I you press that you can save the .json file to your device and post it here. One of our members has created a program for reading that file which contains a lot more information than the app displays. This may point to why the flight ended in the water.

p.s.Agustine beat me to it ?

Last edited:
The best way to evaporate water is to put medicinal alcohol where there was water. Exclude battery. Alcohol is mixed with water and evaporates quickly. Then place in an airtight plastic box with silica gel

Yes, indeed it was bad for the one who lost...I personally fly the Mavic Air and always try to be as careful as possible as its a decent amount of money invested in it. Thankfully it's still working and survived so can be put to use again rather than going for waste. Will check out its performance by buying a Battery or have it checked at a local store here.
I'm just curious, did you find this in lake Michigan?

I'm just curious, did you find this in lake Michigan?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking