Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Loss of Connection, laggy fpv and Range

TJBC75

Reaction score
Hi all,
Was wondering if you could provide me with some information that could help me make a decision regarding whether I should purchase an Anafi? I been flying drones for a couple of years and in the past have owned a Bebop, Bebop 2 and Disco. I like Parrot products insofar as they are a little different and are fun to fly, but I have had my fair share of issues with them also. I sold the Bebop, Bebop 2 and Disco earlier this year because of a variety of issues, but the one problem in common was lack of range, disconnections and laggy fpv. BTW, I was using the skycontroller 1 and 2 for flying. Basically, when they worked it was a blast, but when they didn't, well.........

Currently, I own a DJI Spark and Mavic Pro and enjoy them a lot. Very few if any problems. Great connection, features and the cameras on both are excellent. The Anafi intrigues me for a number of reasons. I really like the 180 degree tilt on the camera, the video HDR, the quality of the photos and video and the lossless zoom feature. I also like how quiet it is and the battery life. But my biggest concern is disconnection and loss of FPV at moderate distance. I had this problem with my other Parrot products and would not want to experience it again with an AnafiI- it was very frustrating. I do not fly miles away and generally stay within 2,500 to 3,000 feet from my home point, although the majority of my flying is within 1,000 to 1,500 feet. Both my Spark and Mavic Pro have no problems with these distances and in the year that I owned them, I've only had a couple of disconnections and that was mainly due to obstructions between my controller and the drone. The Anafi offers features that the DJI drones just don't have, but having a good solid connection within a reasonable range is very important to me. Past drones by Parrot have not had a strong wifi connection, should I expect the same from the Anafi or is it been significantly improved from past models? What has been your experience with disconnections and laggy fpv? What distance do you have solid connections and good fpv (I know this depends on wifi interference in an area and other factors, I fly mostly in suburban/rural areas.) I am ready to buy the Anafi, but am hoping to avoid a lot of frustration.

Thanks for help and advice - I appreciate it.

I've had mine just shy of three weeks. I've had mine geofenced too 1200 feet from me. The only time I've had issues was right in front of my house where a wifi scanner shows it heavily over saturated (15-17 networks most days) on the 2.4 gigahertz band and the issues were only limited to video feed noise. I switched it to auto instead of the default 2.4 bus and it's been flawless ever since. Get somewhere without a billion routers and it's amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow