Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi, low power on one motor...

pippolippo

Reaction score
Hello,
I My Anafi crashed at the beach.
After having restored the situation, and changed all thepropellers, I noticed that the right anterior motor fails to give enough power and the drone overturns immediatly on takeoff.
Probably this was also the cause of the accident.
Is there any way to figure out if it’s exclusively a motor problem and then I just need to change it to reset the drone?
Or the low power could be caused by a failure of some other component (sensors, board, cables...)?
Please help me.. Thanks!!

Hello,
I My Anafi crashed at the beach.
After having restored the situation, and changed all thepropellers, I noticed that the right anterior motor fails to give enough power and the drone overturns immediatly on takeoff.
Probably this was also the cause of the accident.
Is there any way to figure out if it’s exclusively a motor problem and then I just need to change it to reset the drone?
Or the low power could be caused by a failure of some other component (sensors, board, cables...)?
Please help me.. Thanks!!
Check to see that you installed the correct propellers in proper locations. Some are clockwise and others are counter clockwise
This could be your issue

Check to see that you installed the correct propellers in proper locations. Some are clockwise and others are counter clockwise
This could be your issue
I checked and the propellers are mounted correctly.
By the way, the drone was flying perfectly and suddenly this problem occurred in flight... sothe drone crash!
Thanks

Check carefully that all of the motors spin smoothly and that no sand or another foreign body is caught between the motor bell and the stator.

You will have to open it up and make sure that motor lead is plugged into board good and not damaged. Your prev crash may have force unplugged or damaged phase wires. OR repair any damage. Then low altitude test flights 5-10 feet high through multiple batteries in front of you on soft grass to make sure it's fixed 100% before normal flying.

Last edited:
Check carefully that all of the motors spin smoothly and that no sand or another foreign body is caught between the motor bell and the stator.
I’ve checked everything over and it looks all right and clean.
As I said, this defect occurred suddenly as the drone flew perfectly and caused it to fall.

You will have to open it up and make sure that motor lead is plugged into board good and not damaged. Your prev crash may have force unplugged or damaged phase wires. OR repair any damage. Then low altitude test flights 5-10 feet high through multiple batteries in front of you on soft grass to make sure it's fixed 100% before normal flying.
Thank you so much, these days I will try to open and check that the cables are connected properly and will do all the tests you suggested

I have one Anafi that I picked up broken which has similar problem. It came with nothing even no SD card so no logs, I got it repaired, just tested it a few times it was flying fine and then suddenly flipped and went down. It was low altitude so no damage. Front left motor failure. But I noticed that it was making slighty unusual noise right before it happened. So I repeated. And yes after like 3 minutes in flight it suddenly starts making noise like one of the motors is "sputtering", almost like misfire in car engine. Its like the motor is struggling with loss of power. The prop screws are tight, the motors spins freely. But it definitely makes that struggling noise before it happens. I tried to record it, did not work, its barely audible. Tried slow motion recording of props, nothing to see there. Another thing that I noticed - that front left motor is warmer than others after the crash. So maybe it is a motor after all. I dont have much experience with drones so I dont know if that is some typical motor failure or a sign of troubled motor. Let me know what you guys think of this.
Thanks.

I had a similar problem with a used Anafi 4K that I acquired flipping over on takeoff. I learned from Drone Nerds (Drone Nerds Repair) this is an indication of improperly installed propellers. Though it is not mentioned in the Anafi troubleshooting or support documentation, the four Anafi propellers come in a set of A & B or clockwise (CW) & counterclockwise (CCW) propellers that have to installed a particular way (see attached).

Attachments

• Parrot ANAFI Propeller Change (4K _ Work _ Thermal _ Extended _ FPV) _ INSTALLATION copy.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batman