Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi no green on controller GPS

Jboggs75

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new here but not new to piloting. My newest drone is the Anafi. Descent drone for the money but cant figure out why my gps indicator on the FreeFlight6 app wont go green. The drone goes green but not controller. Yes, I’ve made sure battery is fully charged, and all the updates are installed so why does it not go green for controller?
Any help would be appreciated.76C9220F-483E-4BDE-BFCE-B410F209CC18.png

switch on the Location settings on your device.
That's where the FF6 / controller is getting it from!

nice screenshot! ;-)

Reactions: mrajic
switch on the Location settings on your device.
That's where the FF6 / controller is getting it from!

nice screenshot! ;-)
Thanks for the help. I will try that first but another question. Everything I’ve read says to put phone in airplane mode so I thought whats the point to have location on if phone is unconnected from any network. Is it not true that the sky controller 3 has it’s own wifi??

Thanks for the help. I will try that first but another question. Everything I’ve read says to put phone in airplane mode so I thought whats the point to have location on if phone is unconnected from any network. Is it not true that the sky controller 3 has it’s own wifi??
Forget the last message. After switching location on everything was green. Boy do I feel dumb?
Thanks again for the help!!

The location is phone-GPS, that the FF6 is showing, not A-GPS from the network (at least in flightmode, have never checked if FF6 would accept A-GPS instead ;-)
Aside that it is only really needed, in case you try to track the remote (follow me) , 'cause the HP is still taken just from the birds GPS position!
And yes, the controller, if in use, is "the wifi" for the Anafi.
And honestly, I don't understand the question in this "Is it not true that the sky controller 3 has it’s own wifi?? "

The location is phone-GPS, that the FF6 is showing, not A-GPS from the network (at least in flightmode, have never checked if FF6 would accept A-GPS instead ;-)
Aside that it is only really needed, in case you try to track the remote (follow me) , 'cause the HP is still taken just from the birds GPS position!
And yes, the controller, if in use, is "the wifi" for the Anafi.
And honestly, I don't understand the question in this "Is it not true that the sky controller 3 has it’s own wifi?? "
So, alot of videos on youtube they say to put phone in airplane mode because the controller emits it’s own wifi so the phones wifi will only interfere with drone. Maybe this is a load of crap bit wasn’t honestly sure

The wifi thing on your phone is one possible problem.
But you can always switch it off!
The flightmode however should cut ALL outside connections, that could disturb (use performance of ) the FF6 functions.
Not all devices are performing strong enough, to cope with the stream and other FF6 functions.
Aside that a phone call, whats app, FB, ...., can distract you, during controlling your bird.

However, to me it does not seem to trouble the anafi/remote connection much, to stay online, with the device(s)
I am flying my tablet with wifi on, connected to my phone in my pocket.
And, if using the phone, keep it connected to the internet.
I like the sat view of the map.

The wifi thing on your phone is one possible problem.
But you can always switch it off!
The flightmode however should cut ALL outside connections, that could disturb (use performance of ) the FF6 functions.
Not all devices are performing strong enough, to cope with the stream and other FF6 functions.
Aside that a phone call, whats app, FB, ...., can distract you, during controlling your bird.

However, to me it does not seem to trouble the anafi/remote connection much, to stay online, with the device(s)
I am flying my tablet with wifi on, connected to my phone in my pocket.
And, if using the phone, keep it connected to the internet.
I like the sat view of the map.
That makes alot more sense. Thank you for your help

I never use airplane mode. There are so many variables in the OS release even though you may think it is all off there may be services running.

I just set all SSIDs to "Do not reconnect" that way you will not have worry about strange disconnects since the wifi system is not suppose to reconnect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut