Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi NOT FALLING from the sky!

Drbgaijin

Reaction score
Website
www.gaijin-eyes.com
I haven't had a chance to do a reasonably long flight with my Anafi since the latest update that included the battery updates. (including the patched release that followed a day later)
In fact, having read all the recent "Anafi falling from the skies" reports, I am not feeling very confident in flying at all, just now.
Most people on Forums write about problems they are having. That is normal.
May I ask those of you who have done all the latest updates and who have been flying happily with your Anafis since the updates, to add a short note pointing out that you have NOT had any "falling from the skies" experiences.
It would be interesting to see an approximate ratio between falling and not falling.
Regards
Douglas

I have only been able to get out once for a flight because of bad weather but that flight was to test distance with the new update. It went smoothly (4870 FT) with no problems of flight or with signal. I had full video transfer back to me the whole time. The flight was all done at 200 foot Alt. which is pretty low for where I was flying as there is a very large hill in the flight path but still had no problems.
Now do I feel comfortable flying? I would say no. Not with all the reports I have seen recently. Weather still is not the greatest for flying around here so I think I will just sit back and see if Parrot sends out another update. Given with what is going on in the world this might be a while unfortunately.

My anafi made about 15 trouble free flights on the latest firmware before the ill fated one.

Reactions: Zigzag84
Flew two days ago for 18min for the first time since the update and it went well. However, still feel scary, certainly as mine went down too a few weeks ago but that was with the previous software version.

Flew two days ago for 18min for the first time since the update and it went well. However, still feel scary, certainly as mine went down too a few weeks ago but that was with the previous software version.
1.6.4?
Afaik all started with that one!
And 1.6.5 seems not really to correct that. Despite the batterie update.
Which is telling me somehow, Parrot did something to the energy management, with 1.6.4!

Last edited:
7 battery charges, so around 2 hours in the air after the 4th of March. I tried the full speed down and forward for the 1st time, didn't notice any issue. Other "minor" problems, mostly related to "not perfect GPS signal" management .

I’ve only managed some cursory testing of the Anafi as I’ve been preoccupied testing a new long range radio system.

Currently I have all the latest updates installed on my backup Anafi that I originally purchased as spare parts only. I’ve flown four packs through it, each with a 20minute continuous flight time, and so far no detectable issues.

What I think would be interesting to know is what we’re the weather conditions like for those that suffered failures? I bring up this point in relation to the issues that some Mavic Mini owners have suffered, and that is thermal shut down when the motors/ESC’s are working hard. It makes me wonder if in the latest updates that Parrot put out they inadvertently reduced some of the thresholds WRT thermal/power management in the firmware?

Regards

Nidge.

In my case, high temp was not a factor. Weather conditions were cool and calm.

So what is the recommended version to load up right now? I just got a replacement shipped to me and want to make sure it's not going to drop out of the air lol

7 battery charges, so around 2 hours in the air after the 4th of March. I tried the full speed down and forward for the 1st time, didn't notice any issue. Other "minor" problems, mostly related to "not perfect GPS signal" management .
Try arcade mode, perhaps? ;)

Mine did not fall. All firmwares and software are up to date, except that my Anafi is still in 1.6.5.

So... we are not all concern with those falls. And that’s the problem... How to explain thoses multiples falls?

Try arcade mode, perhaps? ;)

Seriously, I like arcade mode, but I'm so lost each time I switch from one mode to another, that I haven't done any extensive testing with arcade since then.

Anyway, about the OP, this update was supposed to be about battery management only, so we shouldn't see any difference (except if this "falling from the sky" issue was about battery management, which is maybe not the case). Let's see what yesterday's update was about (if they mention it on their release notes webpage)...

Mine did not fall. All firmwares and software are up to date, except that my Anafi is still in 1.6.5.

So... we are not all concern with those falls. And that’s the problem... How to explain thoses multiples falls?
I think these errors were caused by the battery upgrade. Not everyone did the same upgrade. I read here that somebody needed 2-3 minutes, somebody got 20-30 minutes and somebody was interrupted because they didn't use a wall charger, I think powerbank.
The following should be collected: Whoever has dropped anafi, write down how it has been updated and how long it has taken (the batteries) to update.

I used a powerbank to upgrade my three batteries, without any trouble. I don’t think the powerbank is one of the problems.
Only 1 person wrote that the battery upgrade was 20-30 minutes long.

I think these errors were caused by the battery upgrade. Not everyone did the same upgrade. I read here that somebody needed 2-3 minutes, somebody got 20-30 minutes and somebody was interrupted because they didn't use a wall charger, I think powerbank.
The following should be collected: Whoever has dropped anafi, write down how it has been updated and how long it has taken (the batteries) to update.

I made the mistake of using a powerbank. Some powerbanks will instantly switch off when they detect a no load situation, as mine did. So when this happened there was no power when the battery circuit rebooted. Not a big problem as the circuit remained in DFU mode until a power source was connected, in my case a.mains powered USB supply, and the update process restarted and completed, in around two to three minutes, without any issues. I’ve used that same battery pack about five times now and still no adverse behaviour from the Anafi.

As a side not my update flow was:

Update to V1.64 using V6.6.2 of the FCC mod APP. Then update to 1.65 using V6.6.6 of the FCC mod App.
Regards
Nidge.

My last "fall out of sky" was back in December 26th 2019

Replaced under warranty and i'm pretty sure people weren't blaming the FW back then.

I made the mistake of using a powerbank. Some powerbanks will instantly switch off when they detect a no load situation, as mine did. So when this happened there was no power when the battery circuit rebooted. Not a big problem as the circuit remained in DFU mode until a power source was connected, in my case a.mains powered USB supply, and the update process restarted and completed, in around two to three minutes, without any issues. I’ve used that same battery pack about five times now and still no adverse behaviour from the Anafi.

As a side not my update flow was:

Update to V1.64 using V6.6.2 of the FCC mod APP. Then update to 1.65 using V6.6.6 of the FCC mod App.
Regards
Nidge.

lol, in the notes it says to connect to a charger
“A power bank is probably the same thing, YOLO!!”
*update failed*
”omg parrot is the worst company!!!11”

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member