Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

anafi not flying straight

Springfire

Reaction score
my parrot anafi is not flying straight forward yesterday i had a little crash no damage only that one of the landing gear is a little loose but this is no problem at all.

i was filming ships today and the parrot anafi was correcting is self by flying left and right if i use the throttle to fly forward it is a little bit flying left or right maybe you guys know what this cause is for me its really anoying and makes my parrot useless.

i must say this was also last week with no crash also my problem !

Last edited:
... the parrot anafi was correcting is self by flying left and right if i use the throttle to fly forward it is a little bit flying left or right maybe you guys know what this cause is for me its really anoying and makes my parrot useless.

i must say this was also last week with no crash also my problem !
Maybe Anafi is correcting the influence of wind/turbulence?

there was only 11km/h ? maybe but i dont think so or maybe its just my feeling because of the crash...

Have tried calibrating the Anafi recently? The left and right movements may by caused by the GPS and Anafi magnetometer disagreeing as to which direction North is.

Always calibrate both drone and camera after any crash, even fairly gentle ones. (except for grabbing the drone out of the air and flipping it on it's side. I've done that quite a few times and it still flys straight and true.)

update: i film ships when i fly straight above them the anafi is not flying straight and correcting itself is this because of the metal ? or some kind of bad wifi signal ?
greets.

When you say ships are they big enough to have lots of antenna and radar? If so then the transmissions from these may be swamping the Anafi's brain!

yes, 2 radars and lots of transmissions

Radars are not good for drones. While it was still legal to do so I flew my Anafi fairly close to Manchester Airport (outside the then 1km exclusion zone) and every few seconds it briefly reported strong interference. I soon realised what that was, the sweeping pigeon-cooking radar that can clearly be seen on the top of the control tower! The airport exclusion zone is much bigger now if I have to drive to fly my drone I might as well go somewhere especially nice to do it. I am always wary of any domes or dishes on antenna towers as these suggest microwave links which could confuse the receivers in the drone or controller. Just give them a wide berth and try not to fly at exactly the same height as the antennas in question. For a ship that would mean flying at deck height would be good, clear of the waves but below the full blast of the radar. If you want to fly higher than that fly twice the height of the mast tips. Anything in between will be more likely to get stronger interference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut