Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi not Initiating after switching on?

Sigh. Was told by Parrot they would respond to my return label problem within 24hrs. That was 72hrs ago. If i treated my customers like the way Parrot treats theirs id be out of business...
Glorious weather outside and my Anafi is sat in a box gathering dust.......

Sigh. Was told by Parrot they would respond to my return label problem within 24hrs. That was 72hrs ago. If i treated my customers like the way Parrot treats theirs id be out of business...
Glorious weather outside and my Anafi is sat in a box gathering dust.......

I feel your pain. Parrot's support is even worse then DJI. Unless you live next door to them you are S.O.L
:mad:

Reactions: Thanev
Thought id share with you guys as a possible remedy to those that have boxed the parrot away and given up....

So after hearing nothing from Parrot i decided to try one last attempt to fix the initialisation problem myself. I saw that there was an update available and thought i wonder if they took the feedback and fixed the start up issue. I decided to uninstall the app, reset the batteries & Drone altogether and basically start from scratch again downloading the latest app and update. So far i have taken the Anafi out 5 times and its started on the button. Maybe they fixed it in the latest patch? if so, why did they want me to return it for repair? So thanks for nothing Parrot and a pat on the back to me :) Hope this works for you ?

Thanks @perrywheeler for this info on your success.

When I first read the initial post, it looked like if the problem happened after an update and a battery switching.
When you know that firmwares and App software versions must be ‘in line’ to make it all work, always starting with the App update, then the controller then finally the Anafi (including the battery firmware update), your solution makes sence.

Could the others with the same problem apply this solution to check if it is the cure to the problem (a reset of the Anafi and the battery out of the Anafi, then a delete/install of the App FF6, and ... if possible (?) a firmware forced installation...

anyone sort this Anafi not Initiating after switching on,mine was bought new from argos less than a week ago and is doing this,i have to pop the battery off then back on to get it working,its then fine but if I put drone away for a few hours it does same thing again

Still the same with mine.I have found with my Anafi that if it does this strange startup,I pull the battery,reinstall the battery ,then turn it on again while tilting the bird on its side.It then starts its initialization dance and I put it on the landing pad to finish.
If I am not quick enough placing it on the pad,the gimbal is sometimes off-level.If this happens,I leave it on the pad and do a quick shut down /start up.It then initializes right away and for every battery thereafter, as long as I have consecutive flights.
If I wait a half hour or so between flights,it seems to lose its initialization once again and I have to repeat the procedure.

think ill just take it back to shop tomorrow,that will be two that ive had to return inside a week

I had the original Anafi and all was great to start. Then sadly the gimbal became faulty Parrot wanted me to send it for repair but Currys just replaced it. I swapped for the FPV version - its with this that I had the same startup issue you are all talking about. It wasnt with every start up or after every flight. Also i found i couldnt then switch it off. It would take several batter swaps for this to resolve.
together with this problem I found the GPS would not initiate for several minutes and finally after startup the footage was very smeared and blurry - it was fine the times the drone behaved normally. Obviously there is a processor glitch.
was it with FPV version you have had issues?

Ive Returned to Currys for a second time and awaiting the replacement.
if this one is pants then im switching to DJI - especially with the rumours the Air2 is out in April

This obviously smacks of an intermittent fault which seems to clear, albeit for a temporary amount of time, by essentially using the “Magic Hammer” method, or banging it.

Most issues like this can be attributed to a lack of power to one or more components.

The Anafi essentially has three separate PCB’s, the Power distribution board, the main processor board, and the gimbal/camera control board. All these boards are connected using friction fit ribbon cables. These cables over time, through vibration and/or the odd hard landing or two, can lose connection(s).

If you are comfortable doing so the Anafi is reasonably easy to disassemble. Then you can go about the process of removing and reseating the ribbon cables.

Last year I documented my purchase of a completely dead Anafi off eBay, advertised as spares or repair. The fault was just the ribbon cable, that connects the power distribution board to the main motherboard, was not making a solid connection. Once reseated I had a fully functioning Extended Anafi kit for just $150.

Regards

Nidge.

Reactions: Flight_Seeing
This obviously smacks of an intermittent fault which seems to clear, albeit for a temporary amount of time, by essentially using the “Magic Hammer” method, or banging it.

Most issues like this can be attributed to a lack of power to one or more components.

The Anafi essentially has three separate PCB’s, the Power distribution board, the main processor board, and the gimbal/camera control board. All these boards are connected using friction fit ribbon cables. These cables over time, through vibration and/or the odd hard landing or two, can lose connection(s).

If you are comfortable doing so the Anafi is reasonably easy to disassemble. Then you can go about the process of removing and reseating the ribbon cables.

Last year I documented my purchase of a completely dead Anafi off eBay, advertised as spares or repair. The fault was just the ribbon cable, that connects the power distribution board to the main motherboard, was not making a solid connection. Once reseated I had a fully functioning Extended Anafi kit for just $150.

Regards

Nidge.

I dont disagree that the Anafi is easy to assemble and disassemble for repair and I have too looked at some “broken” ones on ebay.
the issue is that this is my 3rd Anafi.Under warranty I should not and will not strip the thing down. It should be just sorted. Parrot dont seem to be bothered about warranty and quote silly costs to send off and repair!
id rather get a new bird with a warranty.
at some point Parrot need to acknowledge that there is an issue and make their connections better

also this sadly does not account for the first issue i faced which many on this forum have also reported - for no apparent reason, no crash or jammed gimbal, the anafi films with a wonky gimbal. My last one was at about 45° and no amount of calibration or correction sorted it. As soon as it took flight it slowly drifted back to the wonky horizon.
real shame

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K