Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Pilot Malfunction from hand launch

Dronemumma

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone had issues with losing pilot control of their anafi directly after hand launch? Previously i have never had any issues doing the hand launch and it hovers from the hand launch action. Until my last flight :( I did the usual hand launch as directed, pressed the take off (in this care hand-launch) button and did the hand launch action. Instead of hovering it did some unusual jerky movements and then took off at a very fast speed and i had no control of it at all.

I have never ever crashed the drone before, both the controller and the drone are up to date and i still had signal and connection. Seems to be a malfunction? Could this be a warranty claim?

I had a similar thing happen to me but it was from a ground launch. Before that launch I had an unsuccessful hand catch and dropped it onto carpet from about 4 ft. I should have done a calibration but didn't. After the ground launch it flew straight ahead at about 2 ft off the ground and I had no control. Flew into a chain link fence but no measurable damage. Since then, no issues...

Since then I have modified my hand catch method. I now just grab it and turn it upside down to kill motors. It registers as a crash in the log but I don't care.

I had a similar thing happen to me but it was from a ground launch. Before that launch I had an unsuccessful hand catch and dropped it onto carpet from about 4 ft. I should have done a calibration but didn't. After the ground launch it flew straight ahead at about 2 ft off the ground and I had no control. Flew into a chain link fence but no measurable damage. Since then, no issues...

Since then I have modified my hand catch method. I now just grab it and turn it upside down to kill motors. It registers as a crash in the log but I don't care.
If you turn the Anafi only 90 degrees it kills the motors without being logged as a crash

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut