Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Release Note as of 30th April

d95gas

Reaction score
ANAFI 1.6.8, ANAFI THERMAL 1.6.8, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.9 (IOS & ANDROID)
  • Battery update now available again.
  • Enhanced compatibility with Drone Logbook.
  • Improvements of Wi-Fi country code.
  • Improvements of FlightPlan and RTH behaviors.

ANAFI 1.6.8, ANAFI THERMAL 1.6.8, FREEFLIGHT 6.6.9 (IOS & ANDROID)
  • Battery update now available again.
  • Enhanced compatibility with Drone Logbook.
  • Improvements of Wi-Fi country code.
  • Improvements of FlightPlan and RTH behaviors.

• Battery update now available again. I hope, now work!
  • Enhanced compatibility with Drone Logbook. This not important function for me.
  • Improvements of Wi-Fi country code. Same in before, this is not new feature!
  • Improvements of FlightPlan and RTH behaviors. FlightPlan Ok, RTH only bugfix for latest bugs.
I don't really know what has changed since 1.6.3. According to Parrot, this is 1.6.3 with only a few features.
I am waiting for the testers' opinion on the changes.

Reactions: Thanev
Something remains unclear to me : I did each firmware upgrade when it’s was out. Last month the Anafi asked me to do a battery firmware upgrade (that I did for my 3 batteries).
Now with this new software and firmware upgrade, shall I re-update the 3 batteries or is the firmware the same for batteries ? (It does not ask me to update the batteries so my guess is it is not necessary...)

Same thing for me: after updating yesterday, it does not ask me to update the batteries, which were updated before.
I did a battery hard reset, it does not ask for an update after that.

After this update, I still see FCC channels, here in France. Nothing change about this.

Reactions: MustangPhil
Something remains unclear to me : I did each firmware upgrade when it’s was out. Last month the Anafi asked me to do a battery firmware upgrade (that I did for my 3 batteries).
Now with this new software and firmware upgrade, shall I re-update the 3 batteries or is the firmware the same for batteries ? (It does not ask me to update the batteries so my guess is it is not necessary...)
This is quite worrying!
You have to ask the Parrot man about this!
After the battery upgrade, did the Anafi start falling from the sky and now you are going to fly with the same upgrade?
Did you stop these updates from Parrot after the problems were reported, now you have to fly with the same? Is this again a bug that hasn't been fixed, or is it that good?

Worrying about Parrot’s tightness, lack of communication!
It would be nice if you could reconsider your whole attitude ...
I won't be upgrading from a well-functioning 1.6.3 until I can clearly see what's going on around each firmware!
You should clearly acknowledge which are the faulty firmware and what are the faults and how this has been fixed!

Reactions: Thanev
I flew a bit with each new firmware and never had a problem.

The new version might be more robust but does not require a battery update for the ones who already did the battery firmware update that seems compatible (or the same) as the new battery update...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow