Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Repair

D2S

Reaction score
I received my Anafi last week and had a chance to fly it Sunday. Impressive performance. Sadly, I clipped a guy wire, landing, and it crashed the last 15’ cleanly snapping off the front left arm about 1/2” from the body.

I live inToronto and have soon learned Parrot won’t service items outside Europe.

I found a US distributor who will send me the “kit mecanique” (body replacement parts), when they have their stock renewed. At some point with pieces, tools and procedures (there’s a good YouTube link to reference) I’ll confidently do the replacement.

In the meantime I’d like to try repairing the broken arm. Im thinking JB Weld and some kind of small fine mesh to stiffen the repair joint.

Can anyone suggest materials/techniques/considerations?

Thanks in advance
David2S026E3EAC-84E5-4E44-A44E-CBF90EF5A7BC.jpeg

On my phone I can't see clearly where the break is but if it's near the root of the arm I think you would be better off replacing it. I successfully used CA glue and thread to make repairs on my Anafi it's light and strong. This guy's parting out an Anafi on eBay if it helps.

hash=item4b67e7baed:g:V6wAAOSwVeZdNm~c

Thanks. I looked at the link you sent and will go instead with the entire replacement “kit mecanique” from the distributor. It’s all 4 arms and shell parts for $99.00.
Just in case. :)

The break in mine is very clean and goes back together perfectly. JB Weld claims to be good for carbon fibre.
I’ll search out a nylon mesh to reinforce.

Your thread idea is good too. Maybe I’ll laminate both into the reinforcement.

When the new arm comes I’ll replace it properly. Cheers

Oh, yes on the CyanoAcrylate glue (to Weld the butt ends together)...then layer the mesh and 5 minute epoxy over the break to the body...cover the splice over the length of the “shoulder”. Thanks again

I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday. Did you have any luck with the glue option? If so, can you confirm exactly what glue you used?

Didn’t try anything yet for repairing. Bought another that crashed and his rear arm broke. Will replace the broken front left arm

Reactions: James G
The CyanAcrylate (industrial grade) will be my choice...when I get to it...reinforced with unidirectional carbon fibre “tow”(?) and the same adhesive on top of that cladding. [this suggestion from a guy in the FB Parrot discussion list]. It seems best to me. I’ll give it a try.

Actually, it makes me think to reinforce each arm before they break(!...should it ever happen to crash again...lol!)

I haven’t tried it yet, but it makes some sense I think.

Let us know what you do and how it works out

Reactions: James G
I received my Anafi last week and had a chance to fly it Sunday. Impressive performance. Sadly, I clipped a guy wire, landing, and it crashed the last 15’ cleanly snapping off the front left arm about 1/2” from the body.

I live inToronto and have soon learned Parrot won’t service items outside Europe.

I found a US distributor who will send me the “kit mecanique” (body replacement parts), when they have their stock renewed. At some point with pieces, tools and procedures (there’s a good YouTube link to reference) I’ll confidently do the replacement.

In the meantime I’d like to try repairing the broken arm. Im thinking JB Weld and some kind of small fine mesh to stiffen the repair joint.

Can anyone suggest materials/techniques/considerations?

Thanks in advance
David2SView attachment 2441
We carry parts now in Canada for ANAFI units. we have a location in AB and ON

hope that helps in the future

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456