Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi seems very unstable - advice about what might be wrong?

moyse75

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a bad crash and had to replace two arms with the mechanical kit (holy smokes that was tricky!)

Since then, my impression is that the drone is MUCH less stable... it used to hover in place pretty well, now it is very jerky, and seems to drive a lot in flight (i.e. I fly it towards something, and then when I release the controls it drifts to one side).

Does anyone have any bright ideas? I have had a few recent motor cut out errors on launch (which I never had before). I *think* this might be because one set of rotors are very stiff - they're not genuine Anafi props, since I can't get them in Switzerland, but are cheap knock offs. After the error, I try again and it's fine (it's happened three times so far)

Anyway, any bright ideas about what might be wrong would be much appreciated - I am sure something is wrong, perhaps as simple as bad props, but it would be great to get some expert advice before spending any more money (e.g. on new motors).

Thanks in advance

Different props are always an issue for unstable flights.
Before you change a motor (a motor is defect in a very less situations) check first of all the ESC. During a crash and running motor, the possibility for a defect phase on one or more ESC's is much higher as a defect motor. You can also at the motor check if the axis is ok and doesn't go to one side

Different props are always an issue for unstable flights.
Before you change a motor (a motor is defect in a very less situations) check first of all the ESC. During a crash and running motor, the possibility for a defect phase on one or more ESC's is much higher as a defect motor. You can also at the motor check if the axis is ok and doesn't go to one side
The props seem to turn fine on the motor so I think the axis is fine ... but I will check again. I'm not sure how to check the ESC? The props are all from the same manufacturer.

OK, I've think that you have mixed props from different manufacturers on different axis.
The ESC could be checked with an Oszilloskop : Every of the 3 Wires again Gnd should be show the same picture in compare...
If one phase is not OK, You can test it also with the startup of the motor. Mark a fix position of the engine and let the motor start with less Throttle. If all things OK. Stop the motor, throw him in the same position, throw 1step more and try it it again.. This one you must make several time... every time one step more.
If one phase broken, the motor doesn't wamt start smooth or nothing. That's the reason, that the Throttle must be less.

I had a problem with grneric props : they did not fit 'loose' on the axis.
In order to make them fly 'balanced correctly', I had to manually remove some plastic in the inner diameter of the prop.
Do you have the feeling your props do have a 'grip' on the axis or can they move freely as the original ones ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44