Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Thermal camera

Andrea

Reaction score
Hi to all
Two questions :)
Can the Anafi Thermal take two pictures at the same time with both the thermal and RGB camera ?

When exporting the thermal images from the Anafi Thermal to the PC they are still radio metric ?

TIA

I have not attempted to take 2 pictures at the same time yet. I will try it out and let you know. As far as I can tell, I can only have one screen or the other active at one time.

As far as the data from the thermal images, screenshots on your tablet can be taken with the current data. You can also screen record your to your tablet and record data as video is taken.

I'm in the same boat as you. I figured the data would be recorded to the actual video output, but no. It has to be embedded in the video somehow though.

If I make a recording, I can "preview" my clips on the sim card with the remote and aircraft landed and connected. While previewing, I can touch the screen and the hot / cold areas of the video are identified, just as if I was flying and recording.

I also have a "Parrot Anafi Thermal Owners Group" on FB. Lots of others there that may be able to answer your question also. Thanks

I
Hi to all
Two questions :)
Can the Anafi Thermal take two pictures at the same time with both the thermal and RGB camera ?

When exporting the thermal images from the Anafi Thermal to the PC they are still radio metric ?

TIA

I have the same questions. I think we are talking still images and not video to be able to save radiometric data for each image pixel. I am hoping someone could upload a few sample images of the following:

1. Thermal only
2. RGB only, but taken simultaneously. I understand that the free flight 6 app can doe this.
3. merged RGB and Thermal. again I believe that this can be done with the app.

I am looking for actual camera imagery saved to microSD card, not screen shots.

I want to test the imagery in Pix4D to make thermal ortho mosaics.

Can anyone help out?

Hello all,

Sorry for the late response, but life happens and I’ve been away. I’m currently enrolled in the ITC sUAS Level 1 Thermography Certification Course. I’ve learned that the FLIR Tools program for Windows based computers will give you the images you are looking for. It will also display and allow you to edit the thermographic information that is recorded when you take the photos. I’ve attached screen shots of the software in action. It also will create reports of the information so it can be given to a client. You will not see the individual images with any other software as far as I can tell. This program will not work for video. You’d have to purchase the FLIR Tools+ program for $295 which allows you to see video data.

Do be aware that this sensor is only 160x120 so you will have to make major distance adjustments with your shots while trying to do most inspections. The standard cameras that we’ve been using in the class have been 336x256 and 640x512. The clarity and detail are very good with those at good distances. I will be trying to create a test bed of inspections of roofs, utility and others to get a true idea of how close to the test objects you will need to be for “true” reading with the the ANAFI. I will post those results to share. I hope that maybe answers your questions.

Attachments

• A604BCF6-8D46-41EF-9EAA-75077E58E4BA.jpeg
    A604BCF6-8D46-41EF-9EAA-75077E58E4BA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • 61619B0A-911B-4498-8FBE-7F919B05D670.jpeg
    61619B0A-911B-4498-8FBE-7F919B05D670.jpeg
    785.3 KB · Views: 42
  • D06F16D4-F35B-4CAA-815B-503B2EA43083.jpeg
    D06F16D4-F35B-4CAA-815B-503B2EA43083.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 40
  • 3A2A63F9-E679-4B66-BA57-58F7F3E40DAA.jpeg
    3A2A63F9-E679-4B66-BA57-58F7F3E40DAA.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
I've made a little of calculations considering the IFOV of the Flir Lepton that is 6,2:
At 10 Meters the spot you can mesure is 62 mm x 62 mm, but Flir advise to multiply for 3 to maximize the precision so is 186 mm x 186 mm
At 10 Meters the spot you can mesure is 2,44" x 2,44" , but Flir advise to multiply for 3 to maximize the precision 3 so is 7,32" x 7,32"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood