Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Thermal falls

jbuy41

Reaction score
Today I was using my Anafi to find my cell phone. Flying low around 6 feet for about 4 minutes. Suddenly it falls to the ground. Broke one prop, which are new. Trying to find what happened. Did a log download from the software. Got it but now cannot find a program to read it.
I put a new prop on and tested for about 5 minutes at a low altitude and it flys normally. What steps do I take to report?

Last edited:
Well i had my share of bad luck while i opened my new Anafi thermal today I learned that the rear right arm is loose and doesn't lock itself in place while all the other arms extended well . !! :)

I have tried to contact Parrot and no success. After punching in the numbers to the right department, it rings and rings and then hangs up.
On the web site, it says to contact the seller. So I will try Dronenerds.

Today I was using my Anafi to find my cell phone. Flying low around 6 feet for about 4 minutes. Suddenly it falls to the ground. Broke one prop, which are new. Trying to find what happened. Did a log download from the software. Got it but now cannot find a program to read it.
I put a new prop on and tested for about 5 minutes at a low altitude and it flys normally. What steps do I take to report?

Check out Show Anafi Log thread for a program that allows you to view the data in JSON file

I tried that yesterday, but it doesn't recognize the file. Was able to convert to a cvs filr and can read it , but not helpful.

I contacted Dronenerds and they got right on it. Got a case set up with Parrot.

Reactions: BRC
I found that you can open a JSON file directly using the FireFox browser. At least you can on a Mac.

I am attaching the jason file. Maybe someone can see what made it crash.

Attachments

• 0919-2020-07-21T072740-0500-8055BE-0088.json
    560.6 KB · Views: 10
I got the report from Parrot. They say no indication of motor or battery failure. They think it was a broken prop. Was way clear of hitting anything and had just put on new props the day before. So I guess one was faulty, it was broken at the hub and none showed any dents ...clean...including the broken one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh