Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Thermal For Mapping

Cash_578

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use the thermal model for mapping? We have had a matrice 210 we used for mapping volume calculations, but with the possible sanctions on DJI we are gong with Parrot. I would rather have the thermal for potential use in future job possibilities, but if the thermal will not work with pix4d in mapping it does me no good.... Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know if you can use the thermal model for mapping? We have had a matrice 210 we used for mapping volume calculations, but with the possible sanctions on DJI we are gong with Parrot. I would rather have the thermal for potential use in future job possibilities, but if the thermal will not work with pix4d in mapping it does me no good.... Any help would be appreciated.
Pix4D is a subsidiary of Parrot. I don't have personal experience, but I read somewhere that it will work for mapping using the regular 4K camera (just like any Anafi), but the thermal image is too low resolution for thermal only mapping. Sorry, I don't know where I read that. Parrot's website maybe? You can combine the thermal and the RGB image, so maybe there is some kind of workaround???

Pix4D is a subsidiary of Parrot. I don't have personal experience, but I read somewhere that it will work for mapping using the regular 4K camera (just like any Anafi), but the thermal image is too low resolution for thermal only mapping. Sorry, I don't know where I read that. Parrot's website maybe? You can combine the thermal and the RGB image, so maybe there is some kind of workaround???

Thanks for the response! I use drones for mapping on the regular. I was just kind of confused if the thermal package would work RGB only mapping. I don't want to use thermal for mapping. I just thought it would be another service that we could provide for our clients. 95% of the work I will be using the parrot anafi for will be RGB ortho images and 3D models.

Thanks for the response! I use drones for mapping on the regular. I was just kind of confused if the thermal package would work RGB only mapping. I don't want to use thermal for mapping. I just thought it would be another service that we could provide for our clients. 95% of the work I will be using the parrot anafi for will be RGB ortho images and 3D models.
Found where I read that. On the Apple App Store, read the description for the “Pix4D Capture” app. If that’s the app you use, then you should be good for RGB. Someone in the comments was complaining about it not taking all the photos it was supposed to. But I’m pretty sure that’s only an issue with DJI hardware, and someone else claims that the problem only happens if you forget to force quit your main drone app (DJI Go or FreeFlight6) before launch. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood