Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Thermal - Gimbal/Gyro problem

Ninjajim

Reaction score
Hi there, I've come across an issue with one of our Anafi Thermals - I've checked all connections on the circuit boards to make sure they're secure, and made sure there are no wire-breaks to the camera/gimbal. On start-up, there is a picture feed from the camera and the gimbal tries to calibrate itself (it appears to go through the full range of movement, but then sort of 'flops' back to a skewed position). It obviously realises there's an issue, because it then attempts several recalibrations before the message 'camera error' appears highlighted red at the bottom of the screen.

I would normally write this off as a broken gimbal, but when I then tried flying the drone, it was all over the place - almost as if the electronic gyro had failed (even though I'd calibrated the drone with no issues). My question is this:

Does anyone know if the gimbal takes a feed from the electronic gyro, and whether it's the gyro that may have failed and there's actually no issue with the gimbal?

Secondly, does anyone have a picture of where the gyro is located - my organisation has a number of unserviceable Anafis, which gives me a good stock of spares!

Hello, All I have a similar issue with the Anafi thermal after a crash the Gimbal device is unavailable, the Camera feed on thermal and visible camera is still available and the error code displayed is "Make sure that camera is not blocked by anything and then restart the drone".
Did a test flight with skewed gimbal the drone flew straight up and landed accurately. Please help with this issue will be appreciated

Good morning I have the same issue, With the white cover it shows Andy message without it the drone can fly, however the dimbal gets overheated, Any idea?

Good morning I have the same issue, With the white cover it shows Andy message without it the drone can fly, however the dimbal gets overheated, Any idea?
Have you crashed you Anafi? If you move the gimbal motors by hand can you feel any resistance or roughness?

Have you crashed you Anafi? If you move the gimbal motors by hand can you feel any resistance or roughness?
Hello Liger thanks for your reply, Yes it was crashed.

I can move it by hand with no issue. If I take out the white cover there is no issue, but with it the issue persist. Without the white cover I can even fly it and control the gimbal. But it gets overheated.

Regards,

It sounds like the crash has bent or damaged the gimbal. Unfortunately they are very hard to mend. Trying to straighten the camera mount can result in it breaking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood