Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi USA - Drone Nerds Webinar from 10/13/2020

jaja6009

Reaction score
Here is a link to a webinar hosted by Drone Nerds Tuesday 10/13/2020

Some new and interesting information.

Watch at 29:25.

A person asked about how terrible Parrot's Customer Support was since he had a nightmare after an Anafi Thermal fall from sky. (I assume this was his problem). I then asked the same question since Sam the Drone Nerd host did not ask it. At 29:25 it gets asked in a much more polite, nonthreatening manner.
The answer was basically a bunch of dodging nonsense and not so true statements. I was cracking up as my experience did not resemble what the response was in any way.

Overall though I liked the webinar, and the Anafi USA seems like a really cool drone. If I had the money I'd have this but I am holding out though for Evo 2 RTK Dual when the radiometric Boson comes out.

At one point the Parrot guy claimed that the Anafi USA was flying live to show off one of the Live Streaming software. I prayed that the drone didn't lose power and fall from sky and thankfully it did not.

I can answer to this regarding to 29:25 thereafter:

Q: What kind of customer service can be expected on the support of USA...?
P: We know the support is essential... emmm.... we totally changed the way to the support.... emm.... support to be local, effective and reflective. So we have implemented (1) a new program for the support..... (2) we've empowered parties.. and indirect communication with Parrot.... (3) what does that mean... (4) drone nerds should be able to troubleshoot the problem they are having with tool.... blah blah blah... saved 1000 junk words.

What does it mean by 1, 2, 3, 4 to common understanding by people.

(1). A new layoff program for Parrot employee. Parrot front end support team worldwide = bye & history. Reason = cut cost. Because they were needed to handle a considerable no. of support cases routinely as in previously years is now no longer necesssary. Because the no. of enterprise customer are relatively much smaller.
(2). Outsourcing of the technical support service to down tier dealers. it's hard to imagine these dealers have enough knowledge to troubleshooting the new drone. As themselves are new to this area too. As a result, enterprise customers have no professoinal support at all.
(3). They don't want to deal with support service anymore. Customer to die not their concern. it has become the concerns of the dealers or resellers only.
(4). When you resellers encounter troubles from customers. You eat yourself.

The objective of this several minutes session is: Conclusion: Support service is not part of ours anymore. They only feed the R&D people only.

Yes I totally agree with your conclusion - they seem to be pushing support to the retailer (hence the reason to have selected sellers of the USA).

I do not know much about the commercial drone sectors but would they be expecting DJI style replacement packaged support or will they rely on their own insurance / self cover for lost or damaged drones?

Watched this video today, it was fairly interesting and enjoyable. Was encouraged to see the worldwide involvement of Parrot (being the main non-chinese drone manufacturer) in the drone enterprise environment. The only disagreement I had was near the end when the representative said that all 3 platforms (4K, thermal/work, USA) experience the same level of support. That's a stretch to say the least. Looking forward to see what happens over the next year here in the US.

Why is it DJI can put out a controller with a range of multiple kilometers whereas Anafi can barely muster 500ft in urban settings with power poles?

I do value our Anafi in the fleet, but the controller range (lack thereof) is borderline a deal breaker.

Really if you're flying in FCC mode you should be getting much farther distance that 500 feet
I fly in urban areas and in most cases able to fly out as far as VLOS allows
Try selecting a manual 5gz channel, turn off wifi, blue tooth, smart watch, and stay away from other devices like cell phones, etc
Using auto select channels does not work very well for myself
It is important to keep orientation of controller pointed at drone with no obstacles in between
Some of the DJI use ocusync - anafi is just enhanced Wifi, but still does pretty good
Good luck

Really if you're flying in FCC mode you should be getting much farther distance that 500 feet
I fly in urban areas and in most cases able to fly out as far as VLOS allows
Try selecting a manual 5gz channel, turn off wifi, blue tooth, smart watch, and stay away from other devices like cell phones, etc
Using auto select channels does not work very well for myself
It is important to keep orientation of controller pointed at drone with no obstacles in between
Some of the DJI use ocusync - anafi is just enhanced Wifi, but still does pretty good
Good luck
I do all of the above. Not very effective in urban-industrial environments. Power poles in particular wreck havoc on signal.

Stupid question: FCC mode is automatically enabled correct (for US based ANAFI's anyway)? Am I missing something?

attached photo is from older FF6 version but shows what you should be seeing for FCC mode in the US
includes channel 36-48, If i recall correctly FCC is automatically enabled when you download standard app for US based anafi's
off play store or app store -
How is the range when you fly in non urban areas without power poles?

Attachments

• FCC IMG_0921.PNG
    FCC IMG_0921.PNG
    69.7 KB · Views: 11
attached photo is from older FF6 version but shows what you should be seeing for FCC mode in the US
includes channel 36-48, If i recall correctly FCC is automatically enabled when you download standard app for US based anafi's
off play store or app store -
How is the range when you fly in non urban areas without power poles?
Maybe 700-800 ft AGL and 700-900-ish ft distance

Disappointing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar