Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi vs Anafi FPV/Anafi Thermal - Differences in flight characteristics?

Saladshooter

Reaction score
Wondering if any forum members have both the original Anafi and the Anafi FPV or Anafi Thermal?

The rear arms are considerably longer on the Anafi FPV/Thermal and spread out wider plus its overall larger while maintaining the same approximate weights the original. The Anafi FPV measures 241x315x64mm / Anafi measures 175x240x65mm

If you own both, are there any noticeable differences in flight characteristics? Wind Handling? Acceleration? Stability?

Are there any differences in range? The antennas are spread further apart on the newer models

Thanks in advance.

I have an Anafi and Anafi Thermal. I really see no difference in flight characteristics at all. But I have never tried to quantify any either.

Reactions: Saladshooter
The measurements you found are misleading. The Anafi FPV includes the unfolded propellers and makes it seem bigger.
All models of the Anafi are basically the same size, except for the Anafi USA which is notably larger.
1612232173878.png

The measurements you found are misleading. The Anafi FPV includes the unfolded propellers and makes it seem bigger.
All models of the Anafi are basically the same size, except for the Anafi USA which is notably larger.
View attachment 5370
I see it in your photo and have the same image in my manual now that I look back at it..... its incredibly misleading that Parrot uses two different standards for measurement. So then the only real difference in the airframe between the two drones is the superior strength of the legs.

Parrot claims a one minute longer flight time on the FPV/Thermal, If true then this would only be accounted for by a bit more aerodynamics and the 5 gram lighter weight.

While the motor center spots are very close between the normal Anafi and FPV/Thermal legs - the motor attitudes / mounting is different.

The stiffer legs cause the Anafi to be more sensitive to any motor imbalance (jello and video vibration)- so that may be why the motor attitude is different.

I think the extra runtime is down to weight savings rather than anything else.

Just made this size card 2nd below. Save to your desktop. Now back to 1st posters question. JaJa has both the thermal and regular and doesn't notice a flight characteristic change from the 2. I would then say the stronger arms on fpv and thermal are for wind resistance stability and strength in the air. I also read the original does have the carbon fiber in the plastic as well. Also notice the fpv and thermal have holes in the legs below motors for better wind resistance!holescut.jpg

Attachments

• anafisizecard.jpg
    anafisizecard.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Don't lend too much confidence to my assessment. With both Anafis the majority of my flying time was autonomously either through Free Flight 6's Flight Plan or with Pix4D Capture. I have flown both manually, but I really didn't ever think to compare how they fly compared to the other. I have flown both in winds up to 25 mph and in the faster modes and there was nothing that stood out to me in differences.

But now that it is on my mind I will be more mindful each time I fly one.

Don't lend too much confidence to my assessment. With both Anafis the majority of my flying time was autonomously either through Free Flight 6's Flight Plan or with Pix4D Capture. I have flown both manually, but I really didn't ever think to compare how they fly compared to the other. I have flown both in winds up to 25 mph and in the faster modes and there was nothing that stood out to me in differences.

But now that it is on my mind I will be more mindful each time I fly one.
Thanks... I really am interested to see if there is a difference in flight. Less so now that I realize they are almost the same size but I find it odd that Anafi / Anafi Work use one body style and the Anafi FPV / Anafi Thermal are using a different one.

Especially with the inclusion on the Anafi FPV, I am expecting that there may be some performance benefits to the new body style that help in wind and at speed. At hover in heavy winds, Anafi does a lot of rocking, The holes in the legs on the new airframe may help with this.

It’s mostly PR because reviewers felt the Anafi was cheap because of the bendable legs

they are flying the same, no difference. I know (don´t ask which one it was, but I think it was Thermal) has different front legs for stability. The rest is same. Don´t see any difference

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut