Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi wakes up when battery is inserted

Fab77400

Reaction score
On its own, it switches on.

I Can see that the plastic clipsing part at the top of the battery has some issue.
Any advice to fix it ? (Tried to presse it several Time to "unblock" it).

Yes sure ! Compare to a "working" battery, you can see the slot is not straight in the middle with a small cylinder appearing.
IMG_20191119_224318.jpg

On its own, it switches on.

I Can see that the plastic clipsing part at the top of the battery has some issue.
Any advice to fix it ? (Tried to presse it several Time to "unblock" it).
I can't get why a little distorsion on the battery case, seems not related to it, but to something else. What happened if you try to squeeze and force pulling or pressing a bit the battery while the anafi is on ?

Just a thought but can you hear the on/off switch clicking when you press down on it or has something moved inside the pack? When you insert the battery do you press on the top if it and inadvertently operate the switch.

You can pretty much press any where on the top of the Anafi battery and it will either start or stop depending on what state it is in. Very thin covering seems to allow this.

Reactions: Fab77400
Hello All, thanks a lot for your replies, sorry for being si late with mine ?.

I carefully insert the battery with no finger except at the back of it.
The only event with this battery compare to my 2 other ones is that it dropped into the water 3 seconds inadverterdly with the drone some days before. But I could save both After a 48h in a bag full of rice (nothing else).

You have never told us originally that the battery, and Anafi, had been immersed in water. That information would have been very useful in diagnosing your problem.

Was it fresh or salt water and was it clean or dirty? I would consider it improbable that you would be able to get any water that had leaked into the battery out using rice for 48hrs. Also as the circuitry inside the battery box is live all of the time in order to instigate the self discharge storage function any water may have short circuited one or more of the components.

It was fresh and dirty water from a river. Except this auto Switch on issue, the battery behaves fine and charges / discharges correctly.
I Also cannot Switch it off with the power button and need to pull it out.

Fresh water, as you undoubtedly know, is a lot kinder to electronics than salt water but I still believe that the source if your problem is that water damage has affected the electronics inside the battery.

Fresh water, as you undoubtedly know, is a lot kinder to electronics than salt water but I still believe that the source if your problem is that water damage has affected the electronics inside the battery.
Yes you're probably right. Will I take the risk to use It however? So far I've used 2 batteries max when I go out never 3. This one will be my 3rd one.
Thanks for helping

Whether you use the battery is your call. My advice, take it or leave it, is to retire that battery as if it starts my itself it could also stop by itself when the Anafi is in the air. In the words of Dirty Harry "Do you feel lucky ****"

Reactions: Ratmir

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut