Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Weird Behavior

droning_around

Reaction score
Hi guys, dont know I am the only one with this strange behavior when flying.
This does not happens always, but its really scary to see the bug when flying.
Happened also when flying low, so its not a altitude issue.
Latest Firmware on Anafi and on the SkyController3
Propellers are not damaged.
Check link for better view. In the video, eventually it stopped and returned home without any issues, but came all the way like that.
Any advise?

Looks like you have a very strong sidewind. Use UAV Forecast to check the windspeed at different altitudes at your location. Looks like that you're quite high up and the windspeed is different at ground level than at higher altitudes.

Thank you for your reply. Probably that can be indeed the cause, but already happened with no wind and low altitude.

I've seen this in a few videos people have posted now, and I think it's happened during one of my flights also. I could believe that it's caused by excessive crosswind and it's some symptom of the Anafi 'running out of travel' on the digital image stabilisation in the yaw axis, but I'm suspicious of the fact that I've only ever seen videos where this sudden motion pans to the left. If it was just the impact of wind I'd have expected to see this happening to the right also. It seems more like a software glitch where the Anafi occasionally receives some spurious sensor input that causes it to think it's yawed to the right and compensates by swinging the electronic gimbal left, then things return to normal and it re-centres. Has anyone observed whether the drone is actually physically yawing when this happens?

Bonjour c’est peut-être la nouvelle version FPV qui gère mal la séparation du vol classique et de l’arcade .Ce problème me semble être une arcade par intermittence .me la caméra reste en bas à droite et donne des impulsions régulières en haut, il est nécessaire que je répète un étalonnage de la caméra pour revenir à la normale.

Hello this may be the has the new version FPV which manages poorly the separation of the classic flight and arcade .This problem seems to me to be a steals arcade intermittently .me I have another problem since the last update is that during the implementation of the drone the camera remains in the bottom right and gives regular pulses to the top ,it is necessary that I repeat a camera calibration to return to normal.

This is a problem, that was already discussed here. I had this similar issues, even flying with low wind. Someone said it's related to motors, but my Anafi was brand new, and never had other problems after 90+ flights.

There is no real evidence, only suspect that might be a random glitch on software/firmware or something. Only Parrot could explain this strange behaviour.

Last edited:
I have had similar issues with my second Anafi (first one suffered a catatrophic battery failure and crashed) from time to time. At first I thought is was possible crosswinds at altitude but when it does this it is always the same direction no matter where I'm flying. It also disappears as soon as I use the RTH feature. Personally I think it is a software/firmware glitch that Parrot needs to address and fix.

Reactions: StIwY
How high up is that drone? :oops:
Just had it happen the other day while landing. I watched it as it descended and it kept jerking/turning to the left. This was at less than 100 feet high with no wind at all.

Now let me add a couple of observations. I have a total of 3 batteries. two of the batteries will give an initial couple of red flashes and then charge with the third battery just charging.

When flying on all three batteries I have no glitches on the one battery that charges with no red initial red flashes. it appears that my Anafi only starts to act up on the other two batteries.

So now I'm starting to think it my be a voltage issue from the batteries causing my Anafi to show weird flight characteristics.

May buy a couple of more batteries and see what happens.

The two batteries that flash red before starting charging that means they have been in sleep\storage mode. Now if you know for sure they were not then yes you do seem to have a glitch with those two batteries.

Just had it happen the other day while landing. I watched it as it descended and it kept jerking/turning to the left. This was at less than 100 feet high with no wind at all.

Now let me add a couple of observations. I have a total of 3 batteries. two of the batteries will give an initial couple of red flashes and then charge with the third battery just charging.

When flying on all three batteries I have no glitches on the one battery that charges with no red initial red flashes. it appears that my Anafi only starts to act up on the other two batteries.

So now I'm starting to think it my be a voltage issue from the batteries causing my Anafi to show weird flight characteristics.

May buy a couple of more batteries and see what happens.

What's the HW_xx version ? 01, 02 ,03 ?

Having same issue here, even with no apparent wind... it is pretty scary. I changed the props just in case.
So far, it did not happen again, but I'm not sure it won't come back...

Currently exchanging with parrot support on that subject

Having same issue here, even with no apparent wind... it is pretty scary. I changed the props just in case.
So far, it did not happen again, but I'm not sure it won't come back...

Currently exchanging with parrot support on that subject

It is an electric/software problem. Props and motors have nothing related to the problem. Maybe the gimball also.

This has been discussed many times on here and the facebook groups. It is clearly wind coming from the side. I had this happen last year flying over a river gorge where winds can be unexpected. Looking at the video there a is a strong wind going left to right. Just look at the fog and you can see how strong the wind is. The Anafi is very light but I have also had my Yuneec Q500 which is 5 times the size and weight do the same thing.

Right at 3:28 of the video you can see even my bigger Q500 getting caught in a cross wind. Yes it is scary but it does happen.

Last edited:
This has been discussed many times on here and the facebook groups. It is clearly wind coming from the side. I had this happen last year flying over a river gorge where winds can be unexpected. Looking at the video there a is a strong wind going left to right. Just look at the fog and you can see how strong the wind is. The Anafi is very light but I have also had my Yuneec Q500 which is 5 times the size and weight do the same thing.

Right at 3:28 of the video you can see even my bigger Q500 getting caught in a cross wind. Yes it is scary but it does happen.

Sorry to disagree, but it is not always because of wind. I have had this sudden twist to the left happen when my Anafi is only 3 metres high in perfectly calm conditions. This has happened more than once recently and is undermining my confidence in my Anafi.

Reactions: Clrk and StIwY
Sorry to disagree, but it is not always because of wind. I have had this sudden twist to the left happen when my Anafi is only 3 metres high in perfectly calm conditions. This has happened more than once recently and is undermining my confidence in my Anafi.

If that is the case with your Anafi then it should be returned for exchange or repair. I have never heard of anyone having that problem at that height before so your problem is unique to what others have been posting. Start a ticket with Parrot to solve your problem.

If that is the case with your Anafi then it should be returned for exchange or repair. I have never heard of anyone having that problem at that height before so your problem is unique to what others have been posting. Start a ticket with Parrot to solve your problem.

It is well past the warranty period.

To do that is currently beyond my experience level. I may try to work up to being able to do that. Thanks.

To do that is currently beyond my experience level. I may try to work up to being able to do that. Thanks.

Well if you have it you can upload it someplace for others to look at it. Some of the people on here are pretty good at what everything means and might see something that might pinpoint a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar