Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi : "what a beautiful bazaar" ?

espace2020

Reaction score
Hello
2-3 Hours of testing ... enough seen !!!

How can a manufacturer develop such a product, leave it in the hands of users, with so many bugs, lack of ergonomics, checks, etc., etc.
When I started reading here before buying, I should have been more careful. I said to myself oh ... we'll see!

Ok I am starting, this is exactly how we test a product.
Give it to a "donkey" ... like me! (may be)
I have programed in C / C ++ in the past. Often the most difficult is to be wary of "input" errors ...
From the first attempts, as "photographer, videographer (amateur)
I quickly found that the ergonomics, as well as the settings were not thought "videographer"! Clearly it is thought for YT!
It reminds me of the Sony Camera, Olympus sometimes ...

Then...
Are there beep tones to prevent such or such actions?
Are there any checks to confirm this or that order?
... apparently not!

Admittedly, I know little about this product.
On a table, outside the drone ready to take off if necessary active.
I go into the house, try some video settings, the drone camera was perfectly controllable ...
but, the smartphone falls on the table because badly fixed (fixing totally badly designed)
The wire disconnects. I bought a Cubot Quest (ip68) for the outside and supports the water. ;)
little Boy but works quite well!

I have, I think I closed the cover of the radio control!
I open it again, plug it in, no connection.
Exasperated, I close everything, but I forget for a moment the drone ...
I'm going out (-8 meters) but ... where did it go? It was no longer on the table, but 1 m above it.
He had taken off! Huh? How? 'Or' What ?
Fortunately it was stable, stationary-fly
I grabbed it with my hand, tilted, it's cut. Very well!

What did i do? What mishandling? No idea ... but how did it take off? Did I inadvertently press something ...
If so, not a beep, not a confirmation request. Nothing!
Anyway, this should NEVER happen!

Later on a table, in order to learn the video settings, as said, totally wacky as it is designed,
here is that suddenly I lose the connection no more images. Well?
I'm trying to reconnect, nothing! I try to turn off the Drone, the fan kept spinning, no LED on, Nothing.
I remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, reassemble it, and voila that the fan turns again,
I press the buttons, the drone performs a reset ... and finally I was able to stop it ...
To put the drone in function only a brief and small press on the button is enough ???

It should NEVER be done like that either.
I also have a problem with the FPV function, does not work (?)

In short Excuse to say "what a beautiful bazaar" !!!!!

So there no. By reading here and there, what can still reserve me as a surprise,
the days when I intend to use it in practice `?

Honestly, what to do with such a product?

Sorry I totally lost confidence in the concept!
I plan to activate the RTS function
(Return To Seller)

Sorry!
Honestly, I was so happy to use this model!
No, not so.

Sincerely, François;)

PS
The first automatic and standard video cameras tests ... and by comparison with a cheaper product ...
that one, gives us a better picture ....
Between what we see on the web and reality ... wouldn't there be a little bit of a lie?

Neither do I!
False manipulation, but random behavior (?) Without security, without warning, without verification / reporting, no Beep!
Still, a drone that takes off on its own without asking for confirmation ... Dangerous!

It is precisely that ... not knowing what happened that is worrying!
This is the whole concept that should be completely revised!

[...]

(Return To Seller)

Sorry!
[...]

Don't be sorry.
I think that this would be the best for both sides, here!
;)

Neither do I!
False manipulation, but random behavior (?) Without security, without warning, without verification / reporting, no Beep!
Still, a drone that takes off on its own without asking for confirmation ... Dangerous!

It is precisely that ... not knowing what happened that is worrying!
This is the whole concept that should be completely revised!

It is really, really, really unfortunate that your are unable to attach the flight data to a post :-(

I understand you deleted the entire memory card and you also deleted the app (?)

As there exists no Beep! Nor any confirmation of anything ever happening, which is worrying!! Still, Dangerous!

Yet, to delete all flight data and to delete the app also, why (?) without Beep!

yesterday I did 3 tests

during the last tests (2 sequences), returned home, they were corrupted ... so I reformatted the memory card.
I kept one here ... (I copy everything in general)
I can't insert the "mp4" here the system refuses it ... "P0170018.mp4" size: 6.23 Mo duration 00:00:00
I try to give it in "zip" ---Yes ok

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
Looks like something is definitely broken if that is the video output.

In any way, the flight data can be exported from the app, even if you delete the memory card because it is corrupted or by accident (?)
From the parrot app you can go to flights and export from there.

Also, "Cubot Quest" uses mediatek SoC and can give a lot of problems with the decoding of the video stream in the free flight app (the footage itself should be okay)

I used Cubot without problems ... on another (DJI mini) and I was able to make other clips with Anafi ... but using another memory card just after ...
it may be the card that has a default (?)
I have compressed the "FDR" directory which contains logs, but it is too big for here, I will see to place it on Google Drive (but I have not yet activated this service which I use in principle never)

Now if it is still a problem of smartphone compatibility ... I admit that I prefer to abandon the concept of Drone (whatever the brand), certainly I could buy an IOS ... no thanks, no desire to invest, i still have 2 tablets etc etc ... Stop.
In this case I give up. "the drones" Not really developed this technology (?) (in general)

the last file "log-30-30E4D-20200313T202729 + 0100" has a date after I still have N ° 31, 32, 33 But undated (in my "backup" I can say nothing more

Add :
with the Dij Fly App (Big problem of Smartphone compatibility with them), I must have "shot" 62 views without problems, I was able to go up in first even by combining the sound that I recorded minultaneously with the cubot by giving TOP
In addition to the application of the Dji make a "Ding" when the clip begins recording, this "ding" is recorded by the Smarthpone (audio only) it is also very useful for synchronizing sound + image ... it works not bad ! This is the "simple" solution I found to add comments in the sequence ... as tests.(during fly).. LOL test;)

Last edited:
It is really, really, really unfortunate that your are unable to attach the flight data to a post :-(

I understand you deleted the entire memory card and you also deleted the app (?)

As there exists no Beep! Nor any confirmation of anything ever happening, which is worrying!! Still, Dangerous!

Yet, to delete all flight data and to delete the app also, why (?) without Beep!

Here ... the file "FDR.zip" oops it's "big": 1.56 GB :(
Let me know if you can't get it back ... from the drive.
here
Good luck ;)

ps
Nice functionality here on this forum to publish an external doc:)

Hello

How can a manufacturer develop such a product, leave it in the hands of users, with so many bugs, lack of ergonomics, checks, etc., etc.
When I started reading here before buying, I should have been more careful. I said to myself oh ... we'll see!

I have programed in C / C ++ in the past. Often the most difficult is to be wary of "input" errors ...
I quickly found that the ergonomics, as well as the settings were not thought "videographer"! Clearly it is thought for YT!

Then...
... apparently not!

I go into the house, try some video settings, the drone camera was perfectly controllable ...
but, the smartphone falls on the table because badly fixed (fixing totally badly designed)
The wire disconnects. I bought a Cubot Quest (ip68) for the outside and supports the water. ;)

I'm going out (-8 meters) but ... where did it go? It was no longer on the table, but 1 m above it.

What did i do? What mishandling? No idea ... but how did it take off? Did I inadvertently press something ...

Later on a table, in order to learn the video settings, as said, totally wacky as it is designed,
I'm trying to reconnect, nothing! I try to turn off the Drone, the fan kept spinning, no LED on, Nothing.
I remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, reassemble it, and voila that the fan turns again,
I press the buttons, the drone performs a reset ... and finally I was able to stop it ...
To put the drone in function only a brief and small press on the button is enough ???

So there no. By reading here and there, what can still reserve me as a surprise,

(Return To Seller)

Sorry!
No, not so.

Sincerely, François;)

PS
The first automatic and standard video cameras tests ... and by comparison with a cheaper product ...
Between what we see on the web and reality ... wouldn't there be a little bit of a lie?
It turned out to me that he had no idea about the drones, did not look for him, nor was he clumsy.
- You have inserted the phone incorrectly
- he wanted to try it indoors when he didn't know it
- did not turn it off when it was busy with the remote control
- don't know how to turn it off
I like it just because it doesn't sizzle, beep and noise like my DJI Spark. When I go home (RTH) beeps so loudly that even someone who hasn't noticed me is watching.

Learn how to handle it and you'll love it ....

Learn how to handle it and you'll love it ....

you exaggerate ;)
I am always very careful
Each new electric plane & glider, now a Drone ... ALWAYS I went outside, I slowly try the maneuvers just before flying as a "pre-flight" before going further! It's the rule for me!
The very last test (involuntary) was done outside on a terrace
Sorry, ... to try the camera modes no need to fly for that.
Just film with the drone in your hand WITHOUT flying.
it saves batteries!

PS
Just to say I had PPL-A liscence, I have health concerns, I stopped flying!
(basis AT LSZG)

Last edited:
Hello

Then...
... apparently not!

(Return To Seller)

Sorry!
No, not so.

Sincerely, François;)

PS
'The first automatic and standard video cameras tests ... and by comparison with a cheaper product ...
Between what we see on the web and reality ... wouldn't there be a little bit of a lie?'

The video you attached was 1920x1080. Do you know that this drone can also record 4K?

The video you attached was 1920x1080. Do you know that this drone can also record 4K?
Sorry, don't take all the people for idiots;)
It's a voluntary choice 1080p
I have one (Gh1 defective) Gh4, GH5, G91 / 95, One Fz2000 all from Panasonic Lumix ... and I always use 1080p (50 PFS)!
My wife and kids use them

You think I did not "study" the documentation BEFORE buying this product ???
If people buy a product with their eyes closed, that's not my case ... I even considered 720p @ 50 ... but Parrot changed
the specifications from one week to another. (I need to find the downloaded document) (As test)

Ex ->
Swiss television on the SAT like RTS1 / 2 etc transmit in Hd (720p) and I can assure you in this mode there we can have a very beautiful image ... a quesion of bit rate too.
after it is certain if the source (before encoding) is better "relative quality" the result should be a little better.

I spent hours and hours watching YT, asking questions, etc. I read the doc BEFORE buying ... etc ... I'm retired now .. I have time;)
It's okay ? Are you convinced?

ps-EDIT
This person partly convinced me, however

The quality of these "scientific" presentations is extraordinary ...

Last edited:
Sorry, don't take all the people for idiots;)
It's a voluntary choice 1080p
I have one (Gh1 defective) Gh4, GH5, G91 / 95, One Fz2000 all from Panasonic Lumix ... and I always use 1080p (50 PFS)!
My wife and kids use them

You think I did not "study" the documentation BEFORE buying this product ???
If people buy a product with their eyes closed, that's not my case ... I even considered 720p @ 50 ... but Parrot changed
the specifications from one week to another. (I need to find the downloaded document) (As test)

Ex ->
Swiss television on the SAT like RTS1 / 2 etc transmit in Hd (720p) and I can assure you in this mode there we can have a very beautiful image ... a quesion of bit rate too.
after it is certain if the source (before encoding) is better "relative quality" the result should be a little better.

I spent hours and hours watching YT, asking questions, etc. I read the doc BEFORE buying ... etc ... I'm retired now .. I have time;)
It's okay ? Are you convinced?

ps-EDIT
This person partly convinced me, however

The quality of these "scientific" presentations is extraordinary ...

That Paladrone guy is one of the best Anafi/drone pilots that is currently alive

Also; recording in 4K and downscaling to 1080P will produce the best quality possible.
1080P by itself (at least in the 60hz mode) appears to use line skipping instead of downscaling from 4K image

yesterday I did 3 tests

during the last tests (2 sequences), returned home, they were corrupted ... so I reformatted the memory card.
I kept one here ... (I copy everything in general)
I can't insert the "mp4" here the system refuses it ... "P0170018.mp4" size: 6.23 Mo duration 00:00:00
I try to give it in "zip" ---Yes ok
A file.of that size, let me ask: 4k video?

What do you expect for just even about a second video?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar