Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi - Wifi Failure

danielaves018

Reaction score
Hello.

Every time I use my Anafi and I get like 1km away from the starting point, the wifi connection is lost even with airplane mode: On. There are more people with the same issue?

Where abouts in the world are you? Most countries limit the legal range to line of sight.
The range in EU countries is less than in countries that use FCC power for the connection.
It can also be affected by the ambient WiFi noise in the vicinity. Which channel were you using!

I'm in Portugal. I had a Parrot Bebop and I was able to get the drone up to 2.5km. Chanel 1 - 2.4gHz

Are you using the latest firmware? if not, may be worthwhile upgrading and see what you get then

Is the distance between the anafi and you unobstructed?
No trees in the LOS?
1000m away is, on 100m altitude (example), just a 6° angle
Aside: 5.8 GHz or 2.4 GHz?
Also 1000m in CE is not really bad.
Most likely you just get a better distance from a hilltop into the "far far away", with the CE power output!

Is the distance between the anafi and you unobstructed?
No trees in the LOS?
1000m away is, on 100m altitude (example), just a 6° angle
Aside: 5.8 GHz or 2.4 GHz?
Also 1000m in CE is not really bad.
Most likely you just get a better distance from a hilltop into the "far far away", with the CE power output!

No, it's in clean field, no obstructions. With the sky controller3 was supposed to reach 4km.

I will try again and get back to you.

[...]
With the sky controller3 was supposed to reach 4km.

[...]
In FCC mode!
(never tried more as a bit over 2k)
But not in CE

Another thing, in CE, 1000m, you really neet to point the Antenna towards the drone.

My personal "record" was ~1400 m, the Anafi was around 70 meters high, with automatic CE channels selection, no obstacles, and antenna pointing towards the drone, of course. Usually it's less than that, I often lose signal between 800 m and 1 km.
With a higher elevation, ~45° angle, I get half this distance (650 meters high, 650 meters away), and maybe 500 meters if the drone is exactly over the controller.
I also think the "hill top" position may be the best, it could be related to the angle of the wifi antennas in the legs, most of the time they would be more effective if facing slightly downwards, instead of upward, as the drone is usually higher than the controller...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh