Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi will not fire up after crash/repair

Dronographer

Reaction score
So I crashed my Anafi hard a few months back, from 100' skittering off the side of a structure. The right rear arm was damaged, the plastic posts the screws imbed into were broken off. I should have taped it just to test the drones ability to fly but did not.
So yesterday I received a used arm off eBay and installed it. I did not go through the intensive tear down on the Parrot repair video, it seemed unnecessary. I removed the sticker and top two body screws, underside two screws, removed the fan and cable, removed the GPS. That enabled me to remove the upper and lower hinges on the right side.
disconnect the power cable and antenna lead and install the replacement arm and reassemble. 30 minutes its my aging eyes and fat fingers. Oh and I installed ne props all around.

I mention this as it narrows down something I could have done in my repair to disconnect the battery from communicating with the CPU.

I recharged the batteries and controller but when I power up Anafi there is no calibration sequence and the battery powers down in about 4 seconds. I tried both batteries so it is bot a problem with a damaged battery from the crash. Yes, I also reset both batteries. I wanted to go through the posted Troubleshooting guide but as the drone will not commence to calibrate the camera I cannot proceed.

In retrospect I should have tested after the crash. At least I would know I did not affect anything during my repair job.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, not sure where to go from here other than repair at Parrot or search for a used Anafi.

I was afraid if that...I am wondering if there is a critical connection between battery and brain to start at.

I agree with Liger 1956. Tearing it down can be intimating but the cable connectors are the weak spot when crashed. They seem to come lose very easy. Just start with the ones you can see by taking the cover off.

Withdrawn from Classifieds. Went back in one more time after watching the rear video a third time.Decided to disconnect and reconnect the two main cable to the motherboard. She flies just fine now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut