Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi "wobble"

Drbgaijin

Reaction score
Website
www.gaijin-eyes.com
I know that there are a number of threads asking about the "wobble".
Wind gusts is the most accepted explanation.
Now, my memory isn't the greatest, but I do not remember ever having "wobbles" during the first year flying the Anafi.
The way things are nowadays, it is almost impossible to fly without some "wobble" spoiling the video.
I have been away from these forums for about 6 weeks. If there has been any news about the "wobbles" that I may have missed, please point me to the threads.
Regards
Douglas

By "wobble" do you mean that the recording is so gel-like?
Because it is a sign of strong vibration.
Check the propellers and float in front of your eyes to see how much the drone's body vibrates.
During winter storage, the propeller may become deformed if it is stretched in the package

Reactions: dashSolo
If it was an occasional wobble you might pass it off as due to wind gust but if it's a constant wobble, if the wobble varies with speed then more likely some issue with a motor or prop.

Gipsz Jakab said:
By "wobble" do you mean that the recording is so gel-like?
No, I mean the Anafi sudddenly swings to the left and then back again

pmh1nic said:
If it was an occasional wobble you might pass it off as due to wind gust but if it's a constant wobble, if the wobble varies with speed then more likely some issue with a motor or prop.
It is occasional. But, as I said, if it is the wind (I believe it is), then why was there never any "wind" for at least the first year of flights?

Even from Forum posts, I do not remember anyone reporting these wobbles/swings at all until about the summer of 2019. Since then there are regular reports and questions about this.
Regards
Douglas

Are you seeing the wobble line of sight while flying or just on the video playback?

If it is the latter it maybe the electronic stabilisation of the camera on the Yaw axis over compensating.

To try and remedy this it might be worthwhile doing a recalibration of both the drone’s IMU and the gimbal IMU. For electronic stabilisation in the Yaw axis I believe the camera gimbal also uses data from the main flight IMU and Gyro.

Nidge.

I will do that, Agustine.
However, it may be a week before I have the time.
Also I want to do a couple more tests before getting any deeper.
The next 5 days here are forecast to be rainy ones - so no tests for a while.
I'll be back with more graphic information as soon as possible.
Regards
Douglas

It's not normal to see any wobble in video in my experience. I did have a few problems with a past firmware update but they were fixed.

The Anafi actually wobbling in the air is normal though.

Today I was able to re-run the same flight-plan that I had seen the most recent "wobbles" on.
By the way, "wobble" has different meanings and nuances depending on where your English comes from, so let me describe it as, a "sudden sharp left "pan" of the video that immediately pans sharply back to straight ahead again" Usually 2 or 3 times in rapid succession.
From now on I will refer to my "wobbles" as simply "the problem".
I did not see the problem in today's video using the same flight-plan as used about a week ago.
Conclusion: Wind gust had blown the Anafi round to the left and its GPS quickly recovered its correct position.
Today's weather was considerably more calm that that of a week ago.

But I still wondered why I had never seen this problem with wind gusts for the first year of flying.
The answer was simple: During the first year, I was learning to fly a drone for the first time. I took the advice in the manual very seriously. Max height, fly within line of sight, etc. (the only one I took a chance with was flying over water).
I took the max windspeed very seriously and was always waiting for days with little or no measureable windspeed.
Last autumn there were more typhoons here than usual. I didn't fly in them of course, but I did get out with the Anafi in days where the windspeed was definitely higher than that in my first year, although still below the suggested maximum found in the User Guide.
So there you have it. The Anafi hadn't changed - I had!
Regards
Douglas

Yes I have experienced the same Douglas. Funny mine also spun around to the left hand side and other videos I have seen the Anafi seems to always spin to the left hand side.

Agustine, my Anafi also spins left in the same way. I’ve not been flying it long and have yet to enjoy a still day. Curious if this is only wind related

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem